Chapter 37 - Safe.

Scott's POV- yayyyyy! (28th June)

I wake up to the sound of Kaylee's  babbling next to me. I wake up and Peyton is laying in Clara's arms. "Morning sexy" she says as she leans over to kiss me, putting Peyton down next to her sister on the bed.

"Mmm" I moan as I let my hands wander over her body. "Oi stop that, the girls are here. Anyway, didn't you get enough last night?" She says with a laugh, god I love her laugh.

"Well, I mean you looked so good, I don't think I got my fill of you. Damn those shorts get me every damn time don't they." I say and wink at her.

"They always did" she says as she picks up the now restless Kaylee. "They always will babygirl." I tell her and she smiles at me.

Her getting older is only making her more beautiful. She's going to be 30 in September. 14 years we've nearly been together and I wouldn't take back even one of them. "Right come on then, let's go shopping before we waste the day!" She says getting up and taking Kay with her, I guess today is my day to dress Pey.

It was Carter's birthday on the 20th, he turned 8. How is my middle baby 8 years old? My quiet boy wanted some books and a nerf gun for his birthday so that he could "get Aiden back for being annoying". He's a good boy. All of my kids are. Carter didnt want a big deal, so no party or anything for him, all he wanted was McDonald's for dinner. So that's what we did and Lily and her new family came round to join us. It was nice.

We get dressed and give all the kids breakfast. "Matty go wake up Jax for me please, we've got to go shopping" I tell my 10 year old.

"Ohhhhh, but Jax won't have to go... please can I stay here with him! Please daddy! Pleaseeee" he says and gives me the same pout that his mother gives me when she wants everything her own way.

"Go and wake him up and we will see what Jax says." He runs off and after a few minutes of hearing grumbling, both boys come back downstairs.

"Dad, it's 8:20 on a Saturday, why are you waking me up so early?" Jax says grumpily, his hair all sticking up.

"We've got to go shopping, but Matty wants to ask you something. It's up to you, you're the one staying here, so you decide." I say. I want my kids to grow up with choices and with knowing, what they can and can't do. They're all good kids. Aiden is a handful (except for at meal times) but he will listen when I say enough is enough.

"Please can I stay home with you, I don't want to go to stupid shopping, I won't bug you I promise!" He rushes out quickly. I nearly laugh at how desperate he sounds to not come with us.

"Yeah fine, as long as you don't harrass me. Eat breakfast now so you don't bug me that you're hungry later" he turns to walk away, but I stop him as he's about to exit. "Hey, good decision, you've made your brother happy" we both look over and he has a beaming smile on his face.

Jax smiles at me and goes back upstairs to bed.

Aiden get's up from the table and runs off. "Aiden come back here! Put your bowl in the sink!" Aiden turned 4 in September and we've been trying to drill it in to him that he needs to clear up after himself. The first 4 kids it wasn't a problem, Aiden? He's something else. He's our rule breaker.

He comes running back in full force and grabs the bowl spilling half of the milk all over the table and floor and throws it into the sink, the spoon flying across the side. "Aiden! Stop right now!" I shout to him.

He does this ALL THE TIME. He knows not to do it, because of what will happen.

"Right, come here and pick that up please and then you're going on the thinking spot. You also lose your trucks today." I say firmly. I give them what I think is fair disapline. He comes over looking sad, clears away the milk with wipes and then goes slowly over to the thinking spot. I go over as well, "why are you losing your play time to sit Aiden?" I ask him, looking him in his eyes.