Chapter 38 - 25 weeks.

Lily's POV - (17th July)

I've got my 25 week appointment today. This isn't the standard, it's an extra appointment for first babies. That piece of knowledge only freaks me out more, why only with first babies? Is there something that's more likely to go wrong with the first one?

"Right come on then babe. Let's go- hey what's wrong?" Tom asks as he sees me sat on the edge of the bed stretching.

"Yeah, the last day or so I've just felt really tight and pain all across the sides of my stomach. I've been on the NHS website and it says it's normal." I say still trying to stretch a little.

"Babe, you still need to speak to Sarah about it and check that it's normal... I feel like every pain means something different and I wanna make sure you're both safe through this.

He helps me up and we go out to the car. Yesterday I also handed in my official notice for my maternity leave. I'm kind of sad that my work is going to be finished in a few weeks, for an entire year. Then again, I can go back earlier if I want to.

Oh and Clara has also finished her 2nd year of her midwifery course! She's so buzzing and I'm so proud of my big sister. If anyone knows how to deliver babies, it's her!

I just can't believe she's been able to do it all, the paperwork, the assignments, as well as bringing up 7 kids, keeping her husband happy and working on the wards. You'd think she would be missing out on her family life, but she doesn't. I guess if you want it all you have to learn how to juggle it.

We also held a candle lit dinner on the 2nd July, in memory of James. The baby that Clara lost. 5 years ago she lost her little boy. He's never forgotten and the pain on Clara and Scott's faces was raw, but together we got through the evening. They've got his scan framed in the living room now.

I couldn't imagine losing this baby. I'd be forever broken. The woman is so strong and I'm glad she's my sister. And Scott as well, he's a rock to us all. He keeps my sister in check and she keeps the rest of us in line.

We've been sitting in the waiting room for 20 minutes over our slot today. We are usually delayed, but not by this long and some women have been here since before we arrived. I'm glad I brought my suduku with me. I get so bored waiting for these appointments.

After 40 minutes of waiting my name is called. "Sorry for the wait hunny, it's been a mad day" Sarah says.

"Yeah there's usually a wait over the slot, but that was ages, is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah it's all good, now we are just playing catch up." She says with a smile.

She measures my stomach and then a second time.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing sweetheart, you're just a little larger than average, but we knew that before anyway. There's no problem with that at the moment." She says with   reasurring smile, but I don't feel reassured.

"You keep saying there's not problem with that NOW... what do you mean now? What's it going to mean later on?" I ask. Tom holds my hand.

"Lily, look at me. There's no problem. It just means that you're going to feel more tired right now. I bet you've been having pains across the sides of your bump haven't you?" She asks and I nod.

"This is called round ligament pains, it's just the bump growing. You've experienced it a lot more because your bump is growing so much faster. But it's okay. Later on, it will mean that you find it harder to move around if the growth continues and we will look into that when the time comes, now stressing about it when that might not even happen, isn't wise. Now this bump has slowed down it's growth before, and it might do so again. Remember that women having multiples often grow bigger than you are right now, and they're okay. So let's just take this one step at a time okay?" Sarah says and smiles again.