Chapter 32 - A Busy Day.

Tom's POV (22nd April)

So today is the 12th week of Lily's pregnancy. She's showing her little bump now and after being given all of the vitamins etc that she needs, she's looking a lot healthier and is taking care of herself so much more than she ever has before. Lily is glowing now and her sickness has mostly stopped now as well, which is great for Lily.

It's also great for our sex life as well, I'm definitely not complaining!

Lily is also moving in with us permanently today. Pretty much all of her stuff has been moved from the flat she was sharing with Lacey and she's now bringing the last few pieces over that she needs.

Lily was really worried about what Lacey would do with no one taking over from her side of the rent, but Lacey's cousin is in need of temporary accommodation for 3 months, so they are able to help each other out for a couple of months, until Lacey can find a more permenent lodger.

That was a huge weight off of Lily's mind when that was finally arranged 3 days ago and I also can't wait to have her living with us properly.

Today it's Saturday and with the day off of work, I'm also going to speak with her dad and ask for her hand in marriage. We are having a baby and I want our family to be together and perfect. I also want her to feel that she is a part of this family, because I know I have in the past, been in the way of her feeling that this family belongs to us both and I want to erase any other thoughts about that. I want our new slate to be completely fresh.

"Jacob and Elenor get dressed please! I have a busy day today!" I call up the stairs, hearing them beginning to argue and fight. Ugh not today kids.

"Oi, both of you stop fighting now and get dressed!" I call up the stairs getting the last of the washing upstairs.

BANG!

Next thing I can hear is Elenor crying. "Owwww! Dadddyyyy! Jacob push me off his bed!" El comes crying to me.

"Elenor, why were you on his bed anyway? You are both supposed to be getting dressed!" I say firmly. Lily was right, the kids have to undertsand boundaries and know when it's time to play and when it's time to listen. Since she's been staying here again more, the kids have been much better behaved again. We are a untied front and we make sure the the kids know the difference between right and wrong.

I can't allow them to get away with things just because of how I feel. Like right now for example, the old me would think 'I'm stressed so just pick her up and hug her to stop the crying and whinging'. Now I know that it only makes things worse long-term. Now I stop and think about the situation and what I should teach my children. And let me tell you, the difference in their behaviour has been astounding.

Lily is a natural at being a parent, that's why I think once she's had this baby she will become open to more. I'm beyond happy that she's pregnant and later on this evening we are announcing the pregnancy to everyone. Today is a busy day.

The kids also don't know yet, so today is also the day to inform them on the new change happening.

"No! I told him that-" she shouts back towards me. Right enough now.

"Elenor! Do not shout 'no' at me. I have asked you to go and get dressed, so please can you go to your room and choose your clothes or I will come and do it for you and then you'll be sat on time out for not listening. What is your choice?" I tell her firmly. Her attituade has gotta stop, she's 3, not 13.

"I get me self dress" she say with her bottom lip poking out. She turns and goes to her room, sulking. 

In the summer last year that would have been a whole hoo-hah over her listening, now she knows when I say it, I'll do it.