Chapter 41 - Tests.

Lily's POV - (7th August)

When I wake up, I feel Tom slightly shaking me awake. I groan and open my eyes seeing we are in the car park for the appointment. Oh shit man, that was a good sleep! I haven't been sleeping very well since my last appointment.

"Hey baby. Wakey wakey, it's time for our appointment. I left you to sleep the last hour and 20 minutes, but we've got 2 minutes till our appointment so we've gotta go." Tommie tells me standing at the door already, waiting to help me to get up.

We go in and I give my name and within 5 minutes my name is called. Hmm that was only a 4 minute delay! That's the shortest delay yet.

You have to expect delays at the doctors. It's the hospitals I can't bare waiting in. Hospitals give me the creeps and you've always got to wait hours and hours in the A&E department. As mum always said, if it's not broken or falling off, then we don't need A&E.

But I do appreciate having our NHS beyond belief. I don't know how I would have afforded all these hospital stays I've been having, without it. The NHS is amazing quite honestly.

I go into the room and do the usual, blood pressure, which is slightly high and my urine sample. She also asks me all of my usual questions.

Sarah dips in the stick thing to test my urine and then gets another one and does it again. What?

She's never done that before. "I'm just going to do your blood pressure again Lily okay" she says as she gets it and puts it round my arm again.

"Why what's wrong?" I ask worrying again. "Just be calm for me, I'm just making sure the blood pressure is the same." She says and then calls someone else on the phone.

"Hi!....I'd like to ask for a slot in the antenatal unit?... Porters.... Lily.... In an hour?... Okay lovely, thanks" she says and put the phone down.

"Right your blood pressure is getting higher again, it's now 140 over 90 and there's also protien in your urine, these are the starting symptoms for pre-eclampsia, so I'm just sending you to the antenatal unit in the hospital so they can do blood tests and further test your urine to make sure that things are okay-" I cut sarah off. I know what that means. I'm going to be having my baby soon!

"Oh no... no, no, no I can't have this baby now, it's too early! Please you can't let me have it now-" I begin to panic. Sarah firmly says my name stopping my rant.

"Lily! You aren't having this baby right now. You're only just over 28 weeks, it's too early. What we are doing now, is test to rule out pre-eclampsia. If it is that you've got it, then we can give you bed rest and medication to lower your blood pressure, until you are closer to your due date and then we can start your labour. The only way that you'd be having this baby this early, is if you were having a really bad case, but right now, we just need to see what the problem might be, if any problems at all. There is medication to help okay, so calm yourself down and take a deep breath. This baby needs you calm right now." She says.

I breath in deeply and Tom puts his arm around me. I nod.

"Okay, I'm just going to continue this appointent now, your slot for the hospital is for in an hours time, so I'll measure your bump now okay?" She says firmly but reassuringly. She wouldn't just be carrying on if it was that urgent, so that makes me feel better.

Again I measure big, and she goes through some extra screenings that I'll have whilst at the hospital now.

"She's been REALLY sensitive to me touching her and being too hot, super moody and doesn't want to be touched. Is this all normal? With my last two, Tara wasn't like THIS and I haven't seen any other pregnant chicks be like that either... is it normal? I mean is it part of this depression that new mum's get?" Tom asks.