Chapter 33 - Future.

Lily's POV- (22nd April)

After a few hours of as much sex as we can endure, Tom has been passed out on my chest with his hand on my bump for the last half an hour. I feel tired too, but also don't want to sleep just yet. This feels so intimate and beautiful. I don't want anything to change.

We've spent the last couple of weeks talking a lot and just being intimate with each other and being on the same level or talking through what's going on and it's helped so much. We both feel so happy.

I know this baby forced us to try again, but now I feel like this baby is fates way of keeping us together.

We were supposed to be together. I didn't fall in love with him as a young teenager for it to all turn to shit. And I think us living apart and seeing what it was like to be apart, was scary for both of us.

We don't want to live without one another and just knowing that about each other is helping us to build. My sexy man. We've been asked a lot by people how we are making it work with me only being 20 and him now 31, but I don't feel it's a valid question. No matter how old we are, we are only going to work if we both put in the effort. Our age doesn't determine whether we work out or not. We've gone through a lot already.

We got through telling everyone about us being together after not knowing what the response would be, We've gotten through two hospital trips, an abusive ex and also through the emotional trauma left behind from losing the mother of the kids. We've gotten through a lot in such a small amount of time. We couldn't let it crumble. Neither of us want that outcome.

We've had such strong feelings for each other for so many years now, so I think the fact that we've only been together for a few months, also doesn't really register. As the years have gone by, I've gone from fancying him, to liking him, to lusting after him, to being pretty much infactuated with him; and since being together, he's become my best friend and I've fallen in love with him completely.

Even if I'd taken that job, I would have been miserable being away from him, it wouldn't have been the exciting lifestyle that I'd always dreamed of, because now I feel like this is where I should be. My priorities and wants and needs have all shifted now. And me also moving in here has meant that I can take on some of the bills for the house as well.

Tom's told me about the struggles with money the last couple of months and that he wasn't sure how we will do it, but that we would cope. My answer was simple, if I'm moving in, I'm paying in too. He tried to tell me it wasn't going to happen, but it is. I have a good job and can afford for the next few months until my maternity to be putting in a lot and also we will be able to save a bit too for the baby's stuff we will need.

I have got money in a separate account from mum and dad, it's got nearly 50 grand in it now thanks to interest, but I haven't ever touched it. Now might be the time for that.

See, before I never knew money was a stress on his shoulders. That he was worrying about losing the house if he couldn't keep up, now that I know, we can build together. This is what I mean, my priorities have shifted, it's not about going out anymore and seeing friends, it's about our family. This man and our kids are all I want and need now.

As we lay here, I run my fingers through his hair as he sleeps on me. Clara always said that pregnancy suits the women in our family and seeing how much this pregnancy is turning on Tom, makes me believe her words even more.

I still can't believe she went through this at 16. That must have been terrifying. She was still at school and with an older man who already had a daughter and she also had me. I remember being there and I remember their fights in the beginning. But the majority of it, I remember it being happy and felt like a normal home life. Now that I look back, she must have been terrified.