Chapter 19 - Extra!

Lily's POV (22nd December)

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake uppppp!" I hear as two bodies jump on the bed inbetween me and Tom.

"Morning bunnies, why is it imperative that you wake us up at 7 on the dot on a Saturday morning?" Tom asks with a groggy husky voice.

That voice is why we have sex every morning that I stay over. Sexy as hell!

"It's breakfast time daddy! You can't sleep all dayyyy!" Elenor tells him firmly. I can't help but laugh, which makes her put her hands on her hips and lift both eyebrows at me.

I stop my laughing and move to sit up in bed as Tommie kisses my lips quickly before getting up to make them breakfast.

I get showered and dressed before going downstairs. Both Jacob and El are sat at the table eating.

"Hey what's your plans today? I need to go food shopping for my flat, Lace seriously doesn't understand a balanced diet for sure, but then I'm free.. " I say with a laugh. That girl would live off of processed foods if she could.

"Oh erm, I was gunna take the kids to the grave today. We usually do just before Christmas just so they can have some time over the holidays." He says as he cleans up after the kids have scoffed down their weetabix.

"Oh, okay. Do you want me to come with you? I can go food shopping later on or before hand depending on what time you wanted to go-" I start to tell him, before Tom cuts me off.

"No it's okay. I'll take the kids, it's okay, you stick with your plans it's no biggie" he says.

"Are you sure?-" I'm cut off quickly.

"I said no!....  Sorry. Just, no" he says sternly before standing and comes over to me with a kiss to my forehead and walks out the room.

"Okayyy" I whisper to myself.

I walk upstairs and jump in the shower and get dressed, before getting El.

"El you have to brush your teeth" I tell her. "But why? I did it twice yesterday" she says with her hands on her hips.

I give a small laugh before explaining how important it is to look after your teeth. Everyday.

"Fine! God, this is so extra!" El says dramatically. Hand gentures and all the dramatics that go with it. 

One of her nursery teachers once asked her why she liked being so 'extra' and now for the last 2 months anything and everything is now 'extra'. Tom did laugh when she started using it all the time.

"Elenor Williams! Don't talk to people like that, apologise to Lily now please" Tom sternly tells her off. Wow this isn't like him..  he's usually such a softie with his two babies.

"Hey, it's okay Tom she's just-" I start before I'm interupted.

"No Lily. I won't have her speaking like that to adults. She's been asked to brush her teeth and that's it" he says with more authority than I've ever heard from Tom.

"Tom she's only 3, she's just learning-"

"Yeah well, when you have a 3 year old and a 5 year old that you're bringing up on your own, then you can have your way on how to bring them up. Until then Lily, I don't appreciate her speaking like that! It's not up for debate. It was funny once or twice, but now she's taking it too far! "

Oh my god.. really?

"Well I don't appreciate how you're speaking right now" I say calmly, feeling anything but calm.

I move out of the bathroom, grab my bag from the floor and leave. He's obviously got things on his mind right now, if I stay I'll just fight with him, so I'm better off leaving, before I start telling him a few facts about how things are.