Chapter 29 - What's Wrong?

Tom's POV (5th March)

"Lily?! Lily?!" I jump down to the ground after she's fallen and her head hits the ground. "Help! Help me!" I shout, as two surrounding people rush over to help me. I remember my first aid training and lean down to see if she's breathing. When I see the slight rise and fall of her chest, I grab her hand and pull it across her body and over to the opposite side of her face, as I roll her over with her top leg at a 90 degree angle into the recovery position.

As I'm doing this, I hear a woman on the phone to 999. "Hang on a second... do you know this woman?" She asks me, "yes, I'll take the phone and tell them what they need to know" I tell her still panicked.

I tell them all of her information and then after 10 minutes of me watching every movement she makes, the ambulance arrives. They start monitoring her and trying to help as much as they can from the ambulance the whole way to the hospital.

10 minutes later and we arrive and are rushed inside. "Sir, please wait out here whilst they check her over. Can I ask who you are to the female please?" A nurse asks me.

"I'm her fiance and her name is Lily" I tell her, I know how hospitals get about boyfriends being here and I don't need the hassle from it right now. I don't know what it is about calling her my fiance, it just sounds right.

"Okay sir, as soon as we know anything we will let you know. Is there anyone else we should call for her?" The nurse asks. I don't know why she asks because I know they'll be checking her next of kin notes right now anyway.

"It's okay, I'll call her sister and mum and dad now to tell them." I say feeling numb. "Is she going to be okay? She was only in here a few weeks back, after her ex put her in hospital... she's already spent Christmas in hospital, is she going to have to stay in here for ages as well?" I ask feeling lost.

The nurse gives me a sad and sorry look with a small smile, "she's in the best place, with all the help we can get for her as quickly as possible. We will be checking her notes to see if anything could be happening from the last time she was in hospital, or if this is new. Has she been complaining of anything lately?" She asks me and my heart drops. I wouldn't know, I haven't been with her. She could have been ill for days or even the whole 2 weeks we were apart and I wouldn't know.

I shake my head, "I'm sorry I haven't been with her for 2 weeks... Thing's haven't been great in the relationship lately, she took some time away from me, we only saw each other today. I'm not 100 percent sure, but she was acting spaced out right before she dropped and was downing water like no tomorrow. She's also lost a lot of weight in the 2 weeks since I last saw her, but she's had a lot of stress. She was in court today giving evidence against her ex for hurting her... I'm sorry I can't help anymore, I'll see if her sister knows anything else, I'll call her now" I say slightly panicked and the nurse nods with a reassuring smile as she goes back in to help Lily.

I bring up Clara's number and call her. "Clara, lily's in hospital! She's passed out or something, I don't know but you need to get here quick, the nurse asked how she's been lately and I have no idea!" I say all too quickly.

"Shit! Are you serious? I'm coming!" She shouts down the phone before it cuts off and I look down at my phone not knowing what to do next. I should never have let her walk away from me!

She looked so skinny. She had some curves to her but she was no where near fat anyway, so for her to lose weight just makes her look like a rag doll. This isn't good. Skinny isnt good on anyone, but to see my sexy girl suddenly with no curve to her isn't right. What the hells been going on.

I put my head in my hands as I sit down outside the room waiting for Clara to arrive.

What feels like hours later, but is only about 15 minutes later Clara comes rushing down the hallway, "what happened Tom!" She looks frantic, as she should do.