✧˖*°࿐ prologue

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

     IF YOU WERE TO ASK ALL OF THE STUDENTS currently in their sixth year at Hogwarts to name their favourite couple, duo, whatever you chose to call it, they would no doubt say Adrian Pucey and Bianca Larsson. The most interesting part isn't that everyone would say the same two people, but that the two of them weren't even together, but actually despised each other. So they said, at least.

     Adrian Pucey was a name all sixth years at Hogwarts knew. Some, in fact, knew it well. He was the kind of guy that most girls fell in love with when he uttered one word to them. It could be him asking if anyone had a spare quill because he wasn't organized enough to bring his own and that would be enough for them to fall completely and utterly, over the moon, in love with him. And it was a charm he knew he had. He knew he was attractive, he knew he was charming and he took pride in it. But not in a way that was snobbish or ignorant. He was humble. And sure, maybe he did flirt with a girl or two, here and there, but he was too afraid of commitment to share more than a snog with one. He wasn't a dick. Heartthrob? Yes. Dickhead? No.

     As a matter of fact; he was the perfect guy. Not only was he one of the most good-looking guys in the entire school but, he didn't fail practically everything because he was too busy worrying about Quidditch or his good looks like most of his fellow Slytherins. He did well in all his classes, due to his parents breathing down his neck about it every time he went home for holidays. His parents drilled the idea that Muggleborns and Halfbloods didn't deserve any of his attention and he was to befriend only Purebloods.

     Well, at least they tried to. Adrian was a Slytherin sure, and because of that, he was automatically deemed a horrible person by the other three houses, but he didn't believe people should be discriminated against because of their parents and blood status. Maybe that was actually because Bianca Larsson was Muggleborn. But he'd never admit that.

     And that's another asset to mention; he was athletic. The one thing that Bianca hated most about Adrian; something he was good at, that she wasn't. Bianca hated how Quidditch made his ego too big and gave him something to gloat about. When in actual fact, he didn't boast about his flawless abilities on a broom. She just chose to think he did so she had a reason to dislike him even more. And sure, all the guys on the Serpent's Quidditch team were jocks, but Adrian wasn't a pureblood supremacist like Marcus Flint, and he didn't think he was better than everyone else like Draco Malfoy. He was Adrian Pucey: gorgeous in every way, utter playboy, and no doubt, a girl magnet.

     A magnet, yes, but for Bianca Larsson, a serious feminist, hardworking and avoids all guys unless it was her best friend Leo Raywood, the force was apparently not strong enough.

     Bianca Larsson was a name you most likely know as a sixth year at Hogwarts. Sure, you might have classes with her, someone has to, but unless your name was Leo Raywood, you didn't exactly hang around with her after those classes. And this is not because you wouldn't want to, because there was no doubt that Bianca was utterly beautiful and it wasn't exactly possible to not stare at her for at least five seconds at least once a day without developing a severe attraction to her because she was, stunning, but because she wouldn't want anything to do with you. She thought that every guy that tried to hit on her was misogynistic in every way and only wanted to pull her for a quick snog and then leave her be. And in most cases, that is all they wanted.