xxi. the kitchens

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twenty-one, THE KITCHENS

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     MICHAEL JACKSON'S, "ROCK WITH YOU", was initially released on November third of 1979, as his second single from Jackson's fifth solo studio album 'Off the Wall.' Adrian would know, he has it on vinyl.

     His love for Michael Jackson had never gone unnoticed. He was never particularly familiar with Muggle music, hence why he had had to spend his free time researching Bianca's favourite artists. His parents were blood supremacists and they hoped their son would be the same. All Muggle items, any muggle mentions, or anything even remotely muggle related ─ unless necessary ─ were not tolerated in the Pucey household, which is why he kept his record player, and his collection of Jackson's vinyl, along with a few Wizard artists' works at Hogwarts, stowed away in his dorm room, so his parents could never find them.

     He had discovered Michael Jackson in the window of a shop in London, on route to Diagon Alley. Adrian had always desperately wanted to explore the adventurous roads of England's capital. See the historic sights, ride the London eye, climb the monument ─ things he knew he could never do. Kings Cross Station was about as closest he could get.

     It was a small, quaint shop off the side of Oxford Street. The window was stacked high with vintage and current vinyl and CDs. Adrian and his father had only passed by, and the young twelve-year-old boy spotted it through the glass, from a short distance. Fighting his curiosities, Adrian didn't dare ask his father to go in; god forbid they mixed with muggles, let alone supported a small business.

     Adrian however didn't let it go, nor did he forget. The following year, on their annual trip to Diagon Alley to purchase his new books, Quidditch supplies and if needed, new robes, he made sure to bring along a few pounds his father owned - he didn't consider it stealing, however - guessing how much he needed. It didn't take much for his mother to be distracted, giving him enough time to sneak into the same shop, and purchase 'Off the Wall' ─ the album was called as he soon found out ─ hiding it in his robes until he arrived home, where he packed it in his trunk, knowing Graham Montague owned a record player and had always brought it to school.

     Adrian quickly discovered a love for Michael Jackson and ended up packing his parent's Wizard version of a record player in his trunk the following year, of which they never got back, and was currently bestowed under Adrian's bed in his dorm room. He spent his time during Muggle studies researching music and began collecting multiple vinyls. He had once turned to asking Muggleborns, one being Terry Boot, a Ravenclaw that he sat next to in Herbology, for any places he could purchase more without being caught by his parents, assuming they'd burn them or something irrational like that. Boot told him Filch, the caretaker and a squib ─ someone who was non-magical but still had at least one magic parent ─ had a store in his office. Adrian was quick to take a trip, late one night, using the Doubling Charm to create copies of 1982's 'Thriller' and 1987's 'Bad' that he took back to his dorm, hiding them once again from Marcus Flint, who had pretty much the same views as his parents.