xxvii. angelina johnson ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twenty-seven
number 1: ANGELINA JOHNSON

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     IT MAY BE TRUE THAT BIANCA LARSSON WASN'T particularly excited for the upcoming Christmas Ball, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the year group isn't either.

     Much to Bianca's discontent, Katie Bell and Angelina Johnson, had apparently nothing better to talk about besides boys, dresses, and dances, and dorm room conversations had turned dull and repetitive.

     As much as Bianca was very enthusiastic about Katie and Oliver's budding relationship, and she liked to think that she helped it spark in some way when she spoke to both of them separately about each other, Bianca didn't think she could take the chats about the Quidditch-crazed Gryffindor any longer.

     Bianca had heard about Angelina's "crisis" too many times that she didn't quite know what to do with herself. The Gryffindor Chaser classes not having a date yet as a "mid-life crisis that prioritized anything else that was going on". Bianca loved Angelina, she really did, but sometimes the same conversations were becoming too much.

     Bianca was going on her own. A date was too much of a commitment.

     Despite Bianca's desperate efforts to focus on everything else in her life that wasn't anything to do with a school dance, the next Hogsmeade weekend was fast approaching, which meant it was the perfect opportunity for dress shopping.

     "Come on, Bi!" Katie shoved the girl's lifeless arm, as Bianca stayed contently perched on her bed, book displayed on her lap as usual. "Go with Angie to Hogsmeade?" Katie pouted, her eyes turning into those of a puppy.

     "You mean go with us?" Angelina's eyebrows came together, as she pushed off of one of the four posts from Bianca's bed.

     Katie opened out, and faced Angelina more, "Actually I can't come today." she shrugged sheepishly.

     Bianca glanced up from her book. Katie was fondling with her fingers, her shoulders cooped up slightly, "Why?" she asked.

     Katie's fumbling quicked in pace, "Oliver asked me." she said, her cheeks blushed bright pink, and life was restored to her face.

     It was almost impossible to not hear the squeal that escaped Angelina Johnson's lips upon the news that her best friend and Quidditch Captain had finally opened their eyes and realized that they were, in Angelina's words "destined for each other".