xviii. george weasley ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter eighteen
number six: GEORGE WEASLEY

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BEATING ADRIAN'S ASS MAY HAVE been fun while it lasted, but Bianca wasn't sure she had actually learned much during her first session of Lockhart's dueling club. She may have improved the charms she already knew prior, but she hadn't learned any in addition, nor had she mastered them. Nonetheless, a clear win, proclaiming Bianca a better dueller than Adrian (for now at least) and giving her much wanted and deserved bragging rights for the time being about her triumph, was enough for one night.

     The Gryffindor common room was busy with life, but not overcrowded. It rarely was, only when the Quidditch team won a match, and when that happened, you could barely move a limb, or even get out. But as Bianca sat in a far corner, finishing off some pieces of extra work, as the evening drew to a close, Leo and Alicia laughing away beside her, she wasn't disturbed by the gleeful atmosphere, her common room always possessed.

     The only thing that could be of annoyance, had it escalated, was Fred and George's laughter, as they, and a few other Gryffindors in their year, played a game of cards, that Bianca couldn't identify from where she was sitting.

     Everyone knew George Weasley and his twin brother Fred. The school's pranksters, but the twins themselves, preferred the term 'masterminds'. They spent more time planning pranks and fooling around rather than doing what they were supposed to. Bianca herself could never care that little about school and homework, but she respected how carefree they were.

    "Hey, Bi?" she heard a familiar voice speak from a little over.

     She looked for where he was sat, and her eyes eventually fell on Leo, who was calling her over.

     She put down her pen and got up, making her way to the group that was cheering, and groaning at the different outcomes of the game.

     "Everyone's playing Blackjack. I know you're good, wanna play?" he suggested.

     Blackjack is simple at first watch. But playing it is another story. Yes, it is purely a game of luck, but betting is completely down to the player.

     Each participant attempts to beat the dealer by getting a count as close to 21 as possible, without going over 21. It is up to each individual player if an ace is worth one or eleven. Face cards ─ kings, queens, and jacks ─ are worth 10 and any other card is its pip value.

     When all the players have placed their bets, the dealer gives each player two cards, including themselves.

     The player to the left of the dealer goes first and must decide whether to 'stand', which is to not ask for another card, or 'hit', which is to ask for another card in an attempt to get closer to a count of 21 or even hit 21 exactly. If the player is to go over the sum total of 21 and bust, they are immediately out.