xxxiv. graham montague ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter thirty-five
number 7: GRAHAM MONTAGUE

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

BEING ONLY SIXTEEN, LOVE IS A VERY COMPLEX CONCEPT THAT ADRIAN PUCEY IS YET TO EXPLORE. He doesn't know what love is. But does anyone really?

Adrian Pucey knew — and so did the rest of the sixth years at Hogwarts — that he had a thing for Bianca Larsson. Like a cute little schoolboy crush, that won't go away until she rejects him. But that was all that it was — a schoolboy crush, that'll fade over time, when he realizes that relationships in high school don't work, and life will eventually get in the way, and they'll part ways due to their different career choices, left feeling empty because they never fell out of love.

That, is what love is right? Emptiness, confusion, hurt and temporary enjoyment?

Except now, he knew. He was aware. One word and he knew. It was one of those moments, like in the movies when an imaginary lightbulb appears above the protagonist's head. It was as if someone switched on a tiny compartment in his brain that opened up a new area of life that he now understands and must go about life being awoken on this subject.

Love. He was in love. Adrian was in love. With Bianca. Like actually. Not a crush. Not a phase. Actual, heart-wrenching, perplexing, and upsetting, and incredible love.

Holy shit. What now?

Adrian didn't say anything until he had to. Bianca didn't know why. She was wracking her brain for something she did wrong, and it made her realize how bugged she was that Adrian was now in a weirdly silent and upset mood.

"Okay, Ade," Graham said with a smirk, "Truth or Dare?"

The word slipped out of him, without any thinking time in between, "Dare," Adrian said emotionless. His eyes didn't move from the bright red carpet beneath the sofa, but he could tell what Graham's face looked like nonetheless — encouraging Adrian to chose the right option, so Graham could give him what he wanted.

"Kiss Bianca."

Adrian could hear the smirk through Graham's words. The wolf-whistles from Leo told Adrian that Leo had no objection to kissing his best friend.

He finally looked up to deliver his next words, "Truth then."

Surprisingly enough, this time he was thinking. He was in love with the girl — he didn't want their first kiss (if they were ever going to get there) to be done in front of a group of people they called friends, during the middle of a game. Besides, he knew it would make Bianca uncomfortable, what with everyone's enthusiastic opinions on their relationship, and Adrian just wasn't here for that.