xxiii. malcolm preece ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey 𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twenty-three
number 17: MALCOLM PREECE

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

    TO EVERYONE ELSE AT HOGWARTS SCHOOL, Adrian and Bianca were an old married couple ─  they knew the best ways to infuriate the other but loved each other still the same.

     To Adrian and Bianca, they did not see themselves as a couple at all, let alone an old married one. They weren't dating, and as far as they were concerned, they never would be. Bianca couldn't think of anything worse.

     With her ear still causing her grief, ripe with pain and the blood still dripping ─ she didn't see the point in using the Episkey spell, because she knew full well her body should heal itself and that it would soon enough - the pair strolled the halls, en route to the dungeons for double potions.

     Bianca classed herself as walking alone. Adrian classed it as walking together.

     However you said it, or however it appeared, the two of them were walking side by side, not too close obviously, like the old and happily married in union couple people believed they were.

     The temperature of the castle dropped almost as soon as they began descending the eerie steps towards the dungeon classroom.

     On their way, or as Bianca would prefer to say, her way to down to their designated room, Oliver Wood was leaving the downstairs chamber, for his next period of Charms, when he passed Adrian and Bianca, about to take his place and enter the same classroom he had left.

     Oliver smiled at noticing Bianca strolling casually down the staircase, "Oh hey Bianca." his expression was full of comfort and charm, in the most delightful way possible. Bianca really hoped that Katie would stop being so oblivious because she knew that they deserved each other.

     "Hey Oliver," Bianca replied back, her resting expression forming a pleasant smile that she returned the boy.

     Once Oliver's cinnamon and salty caramel scent had well disappeared and was replaced by the dingy smell of moldering stone, Adrian knew he was gone. "Oh look, you made friends." he teased Bianca, leaning over to her ear as they entered the classroom and took their seats.

     Bianca saw no point in replying to him because she knew full well that is exactly what he wanted her to do: retaliate.