xxxv. anthony rickett ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter thirty-five
number 12: ANTHONY RICKETT

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

ONE-SIDED LOVE IS FUCKING AWFUL. The best way to describe it would be when something is right in front of you, but just that tiny bit out of reach, but because it's so close, you're tortured with the reminder that you cannot have it.

Adrian is currently suffering from this.

By the time that December 30th came around, Bianca's Chess Tournament didn't seem like a priority to Adrian anymore. He remembered it, of course, but the aching inside of him made it hurt too much to go and see Bianca, as well as support her through something that Adrian knew meant a lot to her. He let a second-year Slytherin use the supplies he bought for a banner, for next year when Quidditch matches happen again. Adrian didn't sweat it that much — he thought that it was a good cause considering the kid will be supporting him when the time comes around again.

Adrian took this as his opportunity. He was going to distance himself. Because he needed to get over her. It was this whole plan he came up with. He heard it himself — she did not feel the same way and therefore his chances of her falling in love with him in the future, were very slim indeed.

He knew not going to the Tournament would be the hardest part. He had managed four days so far. It was four days ago that Adrian had overheard Bianca tell Maxine O'Flaherty that she is most definitely not in love with Adrian. And she made it very clear.

So, four days and counting. Bianca was sure to have picked up on it. He was avoiding her, and that was not like him. And by December 30th, he was numb from the pain.

Above the ground, in the Great Hall, Bianca Larsson was approaching her first opponent, a third-year Hufflepuff girl, with pigtails, and a bright smile. Bianca took a seat opposite and the pair shook hands. The girl's skin was sweaty and clammy, and it was clear now that the smile was just a bluff for how nervous this young girl was. But Bianca's been there — the girl will get her chance eventually. And so, Bianca was not going to go easy under any circumstances.

Leo Raywood had dragged his girlfriend along to this. Alicia Spinnet knew a little more about Chess than Leo did, and yet she was missing the incredible enthusiasm that her boyfriend brought to the table. He was smiling, and planning on watching Bianca's every move, even if he had no idea whether it was a good one or not. Bianca had noticed this, seen as he was standing but a few meters away from her table and board, and she appreciated his support very much. Even if this was only the first match of many and she knew his enthusiasm would falter when boredom kicks in — there were quite a few contests this year.