viii. the hospital wing

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter eight, THE HOSPITAL WING

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

BIANCA NEVER PARTICULARLY TOOK AN INTEREST TO quidditch but seen as everyone else on the kiss list did, she thought it was almost smart that she started now. She didn't hate the sport, but she never grew up around it, like someone like Oliver Wood or Marcus Flint. It's not that it was boring, because Bianca was sure that a game like Quidditch would be thrilling to play, but she was never any good at flying a broom in the first place. So whenever a match took place, she would most likely be in the library studying, or reading in a little nook in the common room. But today was Gryffindor v Slytherin, and Bianca felt like this would be a game she should be at.

The cold crisp air blew through her, rustling her hair and chilling her bones slightly, as she followed Leo up into the scarlet stands. Leo was still trying to comprehend what Bianca had told him about the night before and how the same girl that he knew so well, did something he couldn't even fathom her doing.

"I can't believe you did it," he said shaking his head and the two of them perched onto the bench, high up in the stands, towering over the pitch below.

Bianca was by no means proud of what she had done with Jeremy during her patrol hours the previous night, but she had still kissed him none the less. Sure that same kiss was sloppy, gross and Bianca couldn't look at the boy the same, but it one less person on the list.

"Neither can I," she said, taking a sip of her tea from the flask that her hands were clutched onto, providing her a bit more of much-needed warmth.

"How long did it last?"

"I don't know, like five minutes," she shrugged. "I wasn't really counting. The whole time I was trying to go to my happy place, but it was kind of difficult with his tongue halfway down my throat," she said grimacing at the memory.

Bianca's happy place was in fact, the library. She tried to imagine herself drowning in a fortress of books. She tried to visualize the words on the pages and the fresh scent that she would have smelt had she actually been there. But the kiss was bedraggled and messy and all she could smell was the overwhelming scent of Jeremy's aftershave wafting into her. It wasn't a very pleasant visual for her to be constantly reminded of.

"Oh, lovely," Leo now frowned at the image that he was trying to ignore, "Have you told Pucey yet? I'm sure he'd love to hear all about your patrol with Stretton."

Bianca pulled her scarf tighter around her neck. She hadn't had the chance to boast about it to Adrian yet, nor did she feel like it. She didn't see it as something to boast about, "nope. I'm sure Jeremy's told enough of his mates for the word to get back to Adrian. He's been staring at me since." she referred to the Ravenclaw boy's behavior, that Bianca found very uncomfortable and slightly disturbing. Not to mention annoying. She was just glad that she had very few classes with him, wouldn't have to spend late-night curfew checks with him again and the fact Ravenclaws weren't welcome in the Gryffindor stands.