xxii. terrence higgs ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twenty-two
number 20: TERRENCE HIGGS

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

BIANCA HAD NO IDEA HOW THE TIME HAD flown. All those minutes that had passed like they were nothing, had gathered into hours until the party had died down to only a few Slytherin boys and the odd Hufflepuff, and the sun was well on its way up.

Despite the mass of time spent in a corner of the kitchens, being waited on by the house elves that inhabited the castle, there were many a silence. Just a few moments here and then where the echoes of a dish clanking in the sink or even just a drop of water from a tap was the only sound being made. Another one of those had fallen. A comfortable silence, that didn't feel out of place at all.

"So, how do you know him?" Adrian spoke, breaking the lull that had peacefully fallen.

"Know who?" Bianca replied. Had Adrian had her full and undivided attention, the person he was referring to, would have come as something obvious. But that was if. Bianca was biting the tip of the nail on her thumb, staring into a cobweb in the smallest cranny where the cold, stone floor met the cold, stone wall.

Adrian looked up towards her and watched as the nail between her teeth, crack under the pressure. She noticed his eyes fall on her, but was in too much of a daze, she didn't return and look at him as well. "Preece."

"Oh, right," she replied, allowing her eyes to linger just a second longer, and then draw away from the crack in the stone, to look at him. She looked away not shortly after, to focus on the plastic wrapper she was fiddling with. "Old friend." Bianca shrugged.

This wasn't exactly the answer Adrian was hoping for. He didn't expect nor want such a vague reply. "That it?" he prompted.

"Didn't know you wanted any more information," Bianca said, discarding the wrapper and finally meeting his gaze. "Or are you just worried I'll kiss him before you have time to catch your breath?" she smirked.

Adrian chuckled very dryly, his head relaxing into a shake. "I asked, didn't I?"

"Doesn't mean you actually want an answer," she replied smugly.

Adrian wasn't sure if he wanted an answer either. He thought that he might have even preferred it if she lied about it, or better yet, like she had done, say nothing much at all.

It's safe to say that Adrian's confidence about the bet he had put in place had deteriorated rapidly. She still had three solid months to do it all, and as much as he didn't want to admit it, Adrian was beginning to think she could actually do it. He didn't at first, of course, because why would he have proposed it in the first place?