xxxii. gaiety, gifts & gummies

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter thirty-two, GAIETY, GIFTS & GUMMIES

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BREAKFAST DID NOT DISAPPOINT, AND WITH A VERY FULL STOMACH, BIANCA TRIED HER BEST TO SNEAK AWAY, WHEN THE CLOCK STRUCK ONE. Feeling slightly guilty to be leaving her very generous friends so early on in the day, Bianca promised to endure Leo's board games, so long as they played Cluedo and Chess at least once later on in the evening. That was his only request, so he didn't see anything wrong with her suspicious exit.

     "Afternoon." Adrian greeted, once Bianca was in earshot.

     The snow was falling at a gentle pace, and the air was misty with frost and festivity. The carriages for Hogsmeade left in no less than five minutes, meaning their arranged time for one o'clock was perfectly timed.

     "Good afternoon, Adrian," Bianca replied, pulling her coat tighter around her. "Merry Christmas, by the way."

     "Oh right, yes," he said, "happy easter."

     "You know, I was surprised when you agreed to come here with me today, Bianca."

     Bianca took another sip of her Butterbeer, careful for the beverage not to leave a white, fluffy stain on her bottom lip. "Why? Because none of your other friends can bear to spend time with you, and it shocked you that one person decided to do just that?" she twirled a finger around the rim of her takeaway cup, sweeping up all of the foam.

     Adrian ignored her comment, the aim of which was to insult him, suggesting his friends didn't like him, and simply shrugged, "No. Just surprised."

     Seen as it was Christmas Day, no shops or cafes in Hogsmeade were open, which leads Bianca to wonder why the carriages were scheduled to go in the first place. But there was always the opportunity to visit the little village on international holidays, and so, the pair decided just to stroll around, and take food and drinks from the Kitchens for their afternoon out.

     "Do I have foam on my face?" Adrian asked, after swallowing a large gulp of his Butterbeer.

     Bianca looked at him, and the brilliantly white layer of froth, that had settled above his top lip, "If you did, I definitely wouldn't tell you, and you should know that. But no, no you don't." she lied.