xl. a loser's gain

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒋𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 -𝒇𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒋𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 -𝒇𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑

chapter forty, A LOSER'S GAIN

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     IT CAME AS NO PROBLEM FOR BIANCA to decide what she wanted to do for her half of her date with Adrian Pucey. Yes, yes, a date. From the moment he suggested the idea that it wasn't just him that planned the whole date, but that both of them input with something they believe the other will enjoy, Bianca had no struggle coming up with an idea. There were quite a few technical issues that she would have to sort, but she was determined to iron them out because there was no way she was doing anything other than the amazing day out that she was planning. She just had to wait a few weeks until it was possible . . .

     But until then, it was Adrian up first, and Bianca couldn't control her excitement.

     "I don't think it's fair," Lee Jordan sulked, from Katie Bell's bed. Everyone had decided to gather in the trio of Gryffindors dorm room to assess the situation regarding Bianca's first date. After Maxine, her two roommates were of course the first people she told about her and Adrian. It was no news to them that Bianca turned out to be in love with the boy from Slytherin, but it was clear that they were just as happy as the Hufflepuff seemed to be.

     "Lee Jordan, can't you just be happy for Bianca?" Oliver rolled his eyes, his arms laced around Katie's as the two of them stood at the foot of her bed. "It's not her fault you're an unsociable saddo."

     "Easy for you to say, Wood." Lee replied. "You've got a girlfriend."

     Katie's forehead creased, "Did he just ignore the insult-"

     "I'm just saying," Lee interrupted, "that it's not hard being the only single one in the group."

     Alicia shrugged, "Fred and George are single."

     Lee's face contorted to one of distaste, whilst the redheaded twins immaturely fist-bumped, "Fred and George are undateable twats."

     Oliver cleared his throat, "Isn't George screwing Mile-"

     "Ladies, ladies," George cut the Keeper off before any more information could be shared, but it was too late since the rest of the group were already sharing dubious looks, and Fred couldn't help but snort, "let's play nice, shall we?" George's face had run red, no matter how casual he tried to play it.

     Angelina got up from her mattress, "George don't act mature just because you got outed," she teased. "So can you all grow up, please? Bianca's got a big date, and she doesn't need you lot making her feel like crap."