iv. walk of shame

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter four, WALK OF SHAME

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     IT WAS ONLY WHEN BIANCA HAD LEFT THE BOY'S dorm when she found the ability to comprehend what had actually happened last night. She followed a dimly lit corridor, that she could only assume was going in the direction of the Slytherin common room. Stripping whilst flat out drunk, at a party, which most of her year had attended, might have been the most embarrassing thing she had ever done, but she didn't remember that. This, she could see as clear as day.

     She stepped out of the hall, to be met with what felt like hundreds of pairs of eyes, when in fact it was only about eight, and most of them were in the years below, but that didn't make her walk of shame, any less humiliating. No, she hadn't slept with him, at least she had been told that (she was too hungover to remember anything), and yet they stared at her as if she had just killed someone.

     With green lamps creating an emerald tinge all around the room, the Slytherin common room actually felt like the dungeon it was located in. It was structured with black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas, skulls, serpent emblems, and dark wood cupboards. The windows were huge and stretched from the floor to the high ceiling. You couldn't look out onto the Quidditch pitch or the breathtaking Scottish Highlands like you could in her house common room. Instead, if you stared out of the glass, you would be met by seaweed, murky water, and the odd giant squid, minding its own business. The Gryffindor common was quite the opposite.

     No outsider has rumored to have entered the Serpent common room for more than seven centuries, making Bianca's entrance, a lot more intense than it should have been. Slytherin's were territorial and having a member from their enemy's house was enough to piss them off completely.

     Bianca felt mortified as she shuffled across the cobblestone floor and the odd green rug. She had never felt more relieved to see the portrait of the fat lady, brandished on the wall. She thought that as soon as the painting swung open she could hide in the comfort of her dorm until of course, she had lessons; she couldn't bring herself to skip a class. She had never skived off of any sort of lecture or teaching period, however much she wanted to.

     She scrambled through the hole in the wall and avoided all the eyes staring at her, smirking at their friends until she finally escaped to her dorm room. Thank Merlin Katie and Angelina had already wandered off to the great hall, the two of them also battling a raging headache, leaving Bianca alone as she raced into their bedroom, slammed the door shut, and slid down against it, eventually finding herself curled up in a ball of shame on the creaky wooden floors beneath her. She buried her head in her knees, hoping to scream away the nightmare of humiliation that she had caused.