xxvi. duncan inglebee ✗

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twenty-six
number 13: DUNCAN INGLEBEE

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

CONSIDERING BIANCA HATED DETENTIONS FULL STOP, enduring one with not only Adrian Pucey but Malcolm Preece too, was a severely unfortunate situation to be thrown into on a Saturday afternoon.

Bianca met Adrian at the door of Professor McGonagall's office, and with a knock on the wood, and following permission to enter, Bianca braced herself. She was about as ready as she was ever going to be, in the light of the circumstances of having to face Malcolm for the first real-time since their Hogsmeade bunk-off.

The Gryffindor went in first, Adrian following closely behind.

The Transfiguration teacher was sat at her desk, with the boy just opposite, slightly slouched back in his chair, before sitting up a little straighter when the pair walked in and took their seats.

Malcolm sent a half-smirk, half-smile to Bianca as she sat down. She returned one, as the Professor cleared her throat.

"Thank you for being on time," she said, her arms folded onto the desk. "Mr. Inglebee will be with us shortly, I should hope."

And just like that, it was like someone slapped Bianca around the face. Or threw a cold glass of water over her head, and her robes became sloppy, and hair all ragged, and her mascara ran down her cheeks.

Bianca didn't have anything against Duncan Inglebee. It was the reverse that was the problem.

Number thirteen. Lucky number of course, so who better to take its place, than the Ravenclaw beater. Duncan Inglebee was by no means a bad guy, in fact, he was sweet, polite, hardworking, had his goals, slightly clingy, but that's not what's important. But Duncan Inglebee was rejected by his first love during his fourth year at Hogwarts. Slightly inconvenient how his first love, was Bianca Larsson.

It wasn't a particularly harsh rejection, just Duncan's first and therefore a real kick in the teeth, that had stuck with him for two years. Whether he was over it now, was unknown to Bianca, and yet, she didn't want to find out.

She had barely spoken to the boy since she told him she didn't want to "accompany him to Hogsmeade" and when she did, it was hardly sweet small talk. He wasn't the type to glare at her in the hallways, and Bianca highly doubts he was the kind of boy to talk crap about her behind her back, because it was, at the end of the day, two years ago. It would be rather pathetic if he still held a grudge.