v. a bet

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter five, A BET

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BIANCA LARSSON LOVED THE LIBRARY. She loved the tranquility one room could bring. She loved the sound of a single page-turning and she loved how, if you listened close enough, you could hear the quills scribbling onto parchment. How she could get lost in a book, hidden away from the world, in a remote corner of the room; shielded by the towering bookshelves that surrounded her. She loved how the scent of old and new books filled her up and made her feel all warm inside. Bianca Larsson loved the library.

     Now all of that seemed lovely when Bianca decided to spend the rest of her Friday afternoon and evening, losing herself in a book. And that was until she was thrown harshly back into the real world and out of the comfort of her imagination, the book was providing her, by the heavy slam of what looked like a sketchbook on the desk in front of her.

     She glanced up from her own book to see none other than Adrian Pucey making himself comfortable in the seat opposite her own, "Oh I'm sorry. I thought we scheduled scrapbooking for Sunday?" she said sarcastically.

     "Har har," he whined.

     She knew he came here for a reason, but she decided to ignore that by reburying her head in the pages before her.

     He watched as she turned the page and pushed a strand of her yellow, shiny hair out of her eyes and he slid the book closer towards her. She looked up to see him gesturing to it and with a sigh, she reluctantly put down her own book, making sure to mark where she was up to first. She opened the book's hardback cover and read the title on the first page, written in Adrian's scruffy handwriting "The Kiss List". She once again looked up at him, "Adrian, what on earth is this?" her voice sounded fed up, as she quite clearly wanted to return to the contentment of her book.

     "It's a kiss list," he said proudly.

     Now, he said this with pride and only because he had spent all night making the same book that Bianca was currently staring at (with confusion, is important to add). Adrian Pucey had pretty much always been in love with the Gryffindor sitting before him, yet he never seemed to quite know it. Maybe it was because he didn't want it to be true, due to how much she hated him, or maybe it was because he was in denial about it all. And so this was created. A way for him to flirt with Bianca, but, in a way that was quite questionable and unlikely to succeed.

     She turned the first page, where she was met with a double-page spread of about twenty teenagers staring back at her.