vii. jeremy stretton ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter seven
number 16: JEREMY STRETTON

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     IT HAD BEEN FIVE DAYS SINCE BIANCA HAD kissed Katie Bell and she had had no further luck since. She had told Leo that she was waiting for another perfect opportunity because she needed it to be as natural as possible. After all, those are the rules. But when no such chances came around after nearly a week, Bianca was beginning to think it was just luck that she managed to kiss Katie and that the opportunity was handed to her on a silver platter. All she had to do was wait until the bottle landed on her and it did; it was a game of chance. Still, she had kissed one more person than Adrian had anticipated she would have done already, so there are some positives.

     It was mid-September and Autumn days fall by as fast as the leaves from the trees. The sun rises and sets as if on fast-forward; like there is some divine hurry to reach the winter. Though the sun is still bright, still brilliant in the sky, it is cooler even on the days that lack clouds. The grounds were flooded with seas of radiant reds, dazzling golds, and luminous oranges. The leaves crunched from beneath with every step and swirl around on the ground in the wind, like a choreographed dance.

     The great hall was as lively as ever and as afternoon fell, the numbers increased as students began filing in to spend a few hours after school time to catch up on homework and studying. It was nowhere near as peaceful as the library, but Bianca didn't mind seen as she had no homework or studying to do. In fact, she wanted Leo's advice for her next 'target'.

     "It's only been five days, Bi. You have six months." Leo reassured her for the second time as he continued to try and concentrate on the homework in front of him. Bianca wasn't helping.

     "Six months seems longer than it actually is Lee, and I can't just sit around waiting forever. The whole point is that I'm the one that makes the moves and right now, I'm not exactly doing so well."

     "I'm sure Pucey's surprised you even managed one," he said bluntly, not looking up from his parchment.

     She groaned, slightly offended and bored, and slumped over onto the desk, letting her head collapse onto the desk.

     "Oh come on, Bi. You're doing well," he noticed her attitude and clear boredom. Bianca wasn't sure whether he actually meant that or whether he was just trying to make her feel better. She scooped herself up and flattened out her hair that had gone slightly frizzy. "Look at the book. I know you said you don't need a plan or whatever, but, seen as you're clearly very bored and apparently jobless and I need some peace and quiet over here, just have a look over the list again. Maybe you'll come up with something." he suggested. She could tell he was getting irritated at this point, but she didn't understand why he didn't just go to the library; he'd most certainly find peace there.