xii. into the belly of the beast

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twelve, INTO THE BELLY OF THE BEAST

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     BIANCA HATED HALLOWEEN AND Adrian couldn't love it more.

     It was a pointless holiday in Bianca's mind. She wasn't sure if you could even call it a holiday. It was an American tradition and a stupid one at that, she thought. It was another reason why she didn't particularly like Autumn. There was no excitement to her about October 31st.

     It was Adrian's favourite night of the year. He loved the parties, the junk food (specifically the endless amounts of sweet treats the Hogwarts' Halloween feast provides), the alcohol, and the thrill of the idea of it being the 'spookiest night of the year'. Which is why when he found out Bianca Larsson had been invited to the annual Slytherin (emphasis on the house) October 31st party, he was pretty pissed.

     "You invited her?" Adrian asked Miles incredulously.

     "Yeah, so what?" Miles questioned, stuffing a small cake in his mouth; the crumbs remaining around his lips.

     "So what?" the chaser repeated incredulously. "Are you serious Miles? Where have you been for the past five years? I hate her."

     "I wouldn't say hate," Graham interjected, causing Adrian to shoot him a scowl.

     "I thought she might like to come," Miles shrugged innocently.

     "Bianca Larsson? We're talking about the same Bianca Larsson?" Adrian asked, giving Miles a look that said 'seriously?'. "She hates parties."

     "So why did she say yes then?"

     Adrian gritted his teeth and took a deep breath in, calming the fury building up inside of him. "I can't believe I'm even still talking to you."

     "If this is about the date with Bianca, then you're just pissed I beat you to it," Miles said smugly.

     "Beat me to what?" Adrian asked.

     "Kissing Bianca."

"You kissed Bianca?" The boy's blood was boiling at this point, even though the way she spoke about the date yesterday when she informed him she would be blowing him off, he shouldn't be surprised. It was bad enough he asked her out, let alone kiss her.

     "Yeah and?" Miles asked, oblivious as to why his best friend was becoming so aggravated.

     "And?" Adrian repeated in disbelief, forgetting Miles knew nothing of the bet, being number fourteen and all. Although that still doesn't mean it was okay for him to not understand why Adrian was bitter the two of them had kissed.