xvi. where it all began

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey 𝒏𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter sixteen, WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO A BET. Both want to win. Both, can't.

In Bianca and Adrian's case, at this point, it looked like Adrian couldn't.

Adrian didn't exactly think Bianca was going to be at the bash at all, let alone manage to cross Cho Chang off of the list, and up until this point, his night had been enjoyable.

The fireworks couldn't cease to amaze him, he had had a conversation with Bianca that hadn't ended in her insulting him and it was more or less a party; so that on its own was enough for it to be fun.

But even just watching Cho Chang do as little as sit beside Bianca for the beginning of the fireworks display, was enough to ruin his night, even if he didn't end up watching them laugh, and talk and eventually kiss.

Cassius wasn't a big enough distraction, and as much as he tried to make it look like he wasn't glancing back and forth from Cassius to Bianca and her new friend, it was obvious he was.

"Yo, you good man?" the boy asked him, noticing how Adrian's eyes moved from him to his right-hand side.

Adrian now tried to focus on Cassius rather than anything else as he cast his eyes finally onto the boy in a slight shock that Cassius had spoken up, "Y-yeah, I'm good." he half smiled and took another sip of his drink, ignoring the pit at the bottom of his stomach that was telling him not to.

THE BONFIRE BASH AND BIANCA'S slip-up when calling Adrian "her friend" changed nothing. Insults and disparaging comments about one another were back to a normal schedule, despite there being fewer and Bianca still refused to let Adrian participate during potions practicals.

"Can't I do anything?" he whined.

"Do you want to get a good grade?" Bianca replied in her uptight manner.

"Who's to say that we won't get a better grade if I was allowed to help?"

She sprinkled in the Jobberknoll feathers required for the memory potion she was brewing, before turning to look at the boy, stood, purposeless, leaning up against the desk, "Me." she said matter-of-factly before her expression melted into a sarcastic smile.

He sighed, giving up, waiting for her to finish their supposed to be 'joint' classwork.

Of course, Bianca ended up flawlessly completing the potion, with no mistakes, and none of Adrian's contribution, which, in her eyes, is the reason she did it in such little time, with zero interruptions.