vi. katie bell ✔

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey 𝒔𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter six
number 8: KATIE BELL

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

     WHEN BIANCA INITIALLY AGREED TO THE BET that Adrian Pucey had proposed to her, she had no plan of action and no idea how to go around it. She started to overthink everything. It's not like she had never kissed a boy before because she had. Sure it was a quick sort of peck and lasted all of one second and she had never seen the boy again, but she knew that if she hadn't kissed Malcolm Preece on the night of new years eve at midnight, she would have never agreed to this in the first place.

     She wanted to prove to Adrian Pucey that she could do this. She was attractive enough, her flirting could do with more practice, yes, but she was more than capable to kiss twenty-one people in the next six months. Well that was what she was telling herself. The right mindset was all she needed. And she needed to win this bet.

     When she got back to the Gryffindor tower later that evening, Leo had the same look of perplexion she had when Adrian came to her with the idea when she told him in her dorm, over a box of Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, "And you agreed to this?" his eyebrows were raised so high, they could touch his hairline. Marty flapped in his cage.

     "Yes." she shrugged, trying to make her voice sound as natural as she could, glancing over at the bird.

     He scoffed entertained by the book in front of him that he still wasn't sure whether it was a joke or not, "why?"

     "Why not?" she shrugged again.

     "Because you of all people would hate to kiss this many guys, Bi."

     "So? What, is weird for me to have a bit of fun once in a while?" she leaned back into her pillow, crossing her arms. The thing was, it was weird for her to have 'fun'. She didn't 'do fun'. And she knew that.

     "Uh yes," he said in an obvious sort of tone. "I hate to point out the obvious Bi, but Adrian is just setting you up for failure. He wants to humiliate you." his voice turned almost sympathetic.

     She scoffed, trying to convince herself that wasn't true, "that's not fair. Do you not believe I can do this?"

     "Of course I do. But..." he trailed off. He observed her expression. She was sinking deeper and deeper into the pillow beneath her; her arms still crossed over her chest. She wasn't looking at him, but staring off, avoiding his eye. He sighed, "You wanna prove him wrong, huh?"