xxv. publications and plane tickets

the kiss list, adrian pucey
𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

the kiss list, adrian pucey𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

chapter twenty-five, PUBLICATIONS AND PLANE TICKETS

✧ ━━━ · ✦ · ━━━ ✧

DESPITE IT BEING BUT A DAY LATER, THE BUZZ in the air had sky-rocketed, now December had rolled around. Christmas was now officially in view.

The castle was decorated with a light settle of snow, that would surely escalate as the twelfth month unfolded. Professor Lockhart had gotten carried away and the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom was already flourishing with over-the-top decorations, that almost distracted the students from paying attention to their self-absorbed teacher. The Professor had shot himself in the foot, almost, with dancing over-head fairies and animated tinsel that ran along the ceiling and wall.

Bianca wasn't too sure how long the chocolate would stay good, and whether four months had been too long, but being the Muggleborn she is, she made sure to eat the first window from her Advent Calender the morning of December first where she was met with a single bitesize chocolate snowman, hidden behind a cardboard window.

Angelina Johnson and Katie bell were intrigued by the 24-doored picture-type object, despite not seeing the point behind it. Bianca had told them that it just gave her a reason to wake up in the morning, and that was enough to understand completely the purpose of a Muggle Advent calendar.

In spite of the momentous opening of door number one, the chocolate still very much in-date despite it being in her trunk for four good months, Bianca's Saturday detention, had abolished any gleeful Christmas-is-coming feels that she had gotten from the melt-in-your-mouth milk chocolate snowman she had eaten before breakfast. At least she had Malcolm to keep her company.

But then that posed its own problem. That was the problem. What to do about Malcolm Preece. Bianca couldn't come up with anything at ten in the morning and concluded that a second opinion was necessary once again. She had yet to tell Leo that she had called the bet with Adrian off and then on again, so before detention was probably the only chance she would get before it all went to shits.

After letting Marty out of his cage, and out into the open air to fulfill his day with his friends over at the Owlery, Bianca followed Angelina and Katie down to the Gryffindor Common room, which was at the highest capacity, Bianca had ever seen it at.

More or less the entire house was bundled into the room. Friends were sat on friends' laps, first years pushed up to sixth years, and Professor McGonagall waiting patiently at the entrance.

The three girls joined Leo, Alicia, and Oliver over by the fireplace, where there was just about enough space for all six of them, and turned their attention to the Professor.