13

Third Person POV

The ring from her phone had woken Hadlee up. She had peeked over at the clock that sat on her wall to realize it was only about two A.M.

"Hello?" Hadlee asked obviously tired.

"I want to meet you in person." Clay's voice spoke just above a whisper. Hadlee's tiredness faded and she sat up in bed. Her eyes were wide and her jaw was dropped a little.

"I-I y-you what?" She stammered.

"I want to see you in real life." He spoke slowly. Hadlee's breath was coming out quick and her heart was beating fast.

"I thought you were unsure." Hadlee said quietly. Clay let out a soft breath that Hadlee heard over the phone.

"I was for a while but after some thinking I decided. I want to hug you Hadlee. I want to be able to see you." He rambled. A smile graced itself onto Hadlee's lips as he talked. He wanted to meet her.

"When." She spoke out quietly. Clay hadn't thought that far ahead. All he knew is that he wanted to see her and he wanted to do it soon.

"Soon." He mumbled out.

"Halloween is in two weeks. Come spend the holiday with me." Hadlee spoke with confidence.

  "Okay. Is Nick going to be there?" Clay asked. Hadlee forgot that she had planned to hang out with Nick that day as well. They were planning on going around and hanging out at the local park.

   "I forgot I was going to hang out with him on Halloween. Why don't you just hang out with us?" Hadlee questioned.

   "But I want to spend time with you ALONE." Clay hadn't realized he said that until after he said it. His eyes widened slightly scared of what her reaction will be.

   "How about you come and stay like the week. Come here in Friday and leave the next Friday." Hadlee suggested, her cheeks slightly red from Clay saying he wanted to be alone with her.

  "That would be great." Dream whispered out.

  "Perfect." Hadlee said with a smile even though Clay could not see her smile.

  "Hadlee." Clay said after a few moments of silence. She hummed in response closing her eyes, hoping the feeling of being tired takes over her once again.

  "Sleep tight Hadlee." Was the last thing she heard before she fell back asleep.