16

Third Person POV

   "Did you ever tell Nick I was here?" Clay asked walking into Hadlee's room. Today was halloween meaning that Nick was going to be coming over today to hang out.

   "No I didn't. I wanted it to be a surprise." Hadlee said with a large smile. Clay's smile widened and he brought the girl into a hug before tackling her onto her bed for cuddles.

   The two had gotten close in that sort of way in just over a day. Hadlee had realized how clingy Clay actually was but found it oddly adorable.

"What time is he coming?" Clay asked. Since his head wash pushed into Hadlee's neck, his voice and breath sent chills down her back.

"He said he would be here around 6." She mumbled playing with his hair. He let out a soft hum, enjoying the feeling of her playing with his hair.

    After a little while Clay had fallen asleep in Hadlee's arms. He let out slow and even breaths. Somehow Hadlee and wiggled her way out of his grip and replaced herself with her giant blue body pillow. As if thinking it was her Clay cuddled into the pillow more.

   Hadlee made her way down stairs noticing it was around 5. She was planning on cooking for her, Nick, and Clay so she decided to start cooking.

    She made a simple pasta meal that Nick had before, which was one of his favorites. By the time the noodles were put in, it was five forty so she knew it was time to go wake up Clay.

   She crept slowly into the room, making sure to keep quiet. Soft snores left Clay's mouth as he hugged her pillow like his life depended on it.

   She quietly walked over to him as sat on the edge of the bed. She looked down at the sleeping man and smile.

   "Come on Clay. It's time to wake up." She spoke in a soft voice while running her hands through his hair. He let out a small groan and pushed his head further into the blanket. Hadlee let out a small giggle.

   "Come on, wake up! Nick is going to be here soon, and I made food." She spoke with a smile. Clay peeked one eye open at the girl above him.

   "What kind of food?" He questioned.

   "It's a type of pasta." Hadlee said. She hadn't realized her hand still played with his slight waves. His hair wasn't WAVY but it wasn't exactly straight either.

  With a low huff Clay sat up on the bed and rubbed the sleepiness away from his eyes. He let a loud yawn before smiling down at Hadlee.

   The two of them made their way downstairs and into the kitchen where Hadlee began preparing the last bits of the dinner. Clay sat on top of the counter and just watched her. He had offered to help but Hadlee politely declined.

   "I'm home mamas!" The two heard Nick yell as the front door bursts open.

  So he really does say mamas. Clay thought to himself. Hadlee gestured for him to jump off the counter and hide down below it. The way Hadlee's kitchen is set up the counter wraps around into a connected island. On the other side were barstools.

   "Hey Nick! I'm in the kitchen." Hadlee called out to Nick. Clay heard the noise of his footsteps nearing.

   "Oh my god. Are you making what I'm thinking!?" Nick exclaimed. Hadlee giggled.

   "Hell yeah. This is why I love you." Nick exclaimed taking in a deep breath, his nose getting filled with all the delicious smells.

   "I have a surprise for you!" Hadlee spoke in a soft but exciting voice.

  "Well what is it?" Nick asked curiously. Hadlee looked over to where Clay was kneeling down below the counter. She gave him a nod making him pop up.

  "Clay!" Nick exclaimed loudly with his jaw dropped.

   "Hello Nick!" Clay said with a large smile. Nick instantly ran around the counter and pulled his friend into a hug.  The two of them did this bro hug thing before Nick turned around and pulled Hadlee into a hug.

  "I know you did this for you but I am so glad you chose to invite him a day I was here." He whispered into her ear before pulling her closer.

   "Now as much as I want to hug Hadlee all day long and tell her how thankful I am for her inviting you, I want food and I want it now." Nick said backing away from Hadlee and instantly going to the food. Hadlee let out a laugh as her and Clay joined Nick.