21

Third Person POV

Hadlee had arrived back home a few days before and was instantly meet by Nick who was overly soft towards her. As much as she loves Nick she was still a little off about the whole situation.

   Clay had been blowing up her phone explaining how much he cares for her and how much he missed her. She loved the daily texts she had gotten but was too scared to reply.

"You should start answering him you know." Nick said after Hadlee's phone went off with another notification. He had paused the movie they were watching and turned to her.

"I'm scared Nick." Hadlee spoke softly while playing with the sleeves of her sweater.

"Scared of what? You know he won't judge you. He's worried Hadlee." Nick spoke grabbing the girl's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"How do you know." She spoke looking up at him. He looked down at her with a sincere look.

"He has been spamming the groupchat constantly asking if any of us has heard from you and know if you're okay. He doesn't know that I've seen you because I know if he did, he would question a lot." Nick explained. Hadlee looked down at her lap like it was the most interesting thing.

"Just give him a call or something please. For both of your sakes." Nick said resuming the movie. He hadn't let go of the girls hand as the movie continued, showing her that he was there.

That night after Nick fell asleep in the guest room Hadlee stared at the number on her contact list. Her fingers hovered over the call but, debating on if she should do it. What would she even say it him?

As Hadlee when to click off the app she had accidentally pressed the call button. The call began going through before she even realized it. Within a few rings he had picked up.

"Hello? Hadlee?!" Clay's voice rang through the speaker.

"Clay." She spoke softly. Clay let out a sigh.

"Please tell me you are safe." He spoke out worried. Hadlee let out a small giggle.

"Yes, I am safe. I got home a few days ago, Nick has been here." She said playing with her blanket, a habit she had when she was in bed and nervous.

   "Are you okay?" He questioned next. Hadlee pulled her lips into her mouth before shaking her head.

  "I am not okay." She spoke confidently. Clays heart fell on the other side of the phone.

   "I wish I could be there." Clay spoke without hesitation.

   "I wish you were here." She replied. Clay's breath caught in his throat.

   "Let me come see you again." Clay suggested.

   "Please come see me again." She spoke softly, tears pricked her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

  "I will." He said back.

   "Cuddles when you get here?" Hadlee asked. Clay chuckled quietly.

   "I will give you all the cuddles in the world and so much more." A smile crept onto Hadlee's lips.

   "Tell me a story." Hadlee suggested getting comfortable in her bed. Clay thought for a moment before he started telling a story about George and Nick. Hadlee fell asleep to the sound of his voice as he told her the embarrassing moments.