9

Third Person POV

   Sapnap had left in the middle of the evening. In the amount of time he had been there Hadlee had become close with him. She had already considered him a best friend and the fact that he lived close to her was just a plus. 

   She had spent most of the day just picking up her house and tending to the scratches on her neck. This wasn't the first time she had done something like this, she had done it for a while when she first started getting panic attacks. 

   An oncoming facetime had awoken Hadlee from the sleep she was having. With a small sigh she reached over and picked up her phone from her bedside table. Noticing it was a call from Dream she answered it.

   "Hello?" She spoke softly. The affects of her sleepiness evident in her voice. 

   "I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" Dream questioned softly. Hadlee let out a small hum setting her phone next to her and shutting her eyes again. She was aware enough to not let herself fall asleep. 

   "I am sorry for that. I just, I had to call you to make sure you were okay." He spoke in a soft, caring manner.

   "I am okay." She spoke breathlessly. Suddenly Hadlee was wide awake but still kept her eyes shut, hoping the feeling of sleep would come back to her.

   "I-I wish I could of been there. I felt so helpless." Dream mumbled out. Dream's heart hurt from knowing that he couldn't of been there to comfort Hadlee himself. Nick had been the only option that was there at the given moment and he knew that Nick would be a good friend towards her. He just wish he could of been there.

   "It's okay Dream. You are in Florida, that's far away." She spoke sincerely. Dream let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

   "Clay. Please call me Clay." He spoke quickly. Hadlee smiled at her phone. She had known that he only wanted people that he was close with to call him by his real name. She felt special. 

   "Well Clay, it is okay, but I wish you were here as well." She spoke in a soft voice, a voice that had lulled Dream to sleep if he heard it for long enough. 

    "Someday?" Dream questioned. Hadlee hummed quietly. 

   "Someday." Hadlee said with a smile that Dream had picked up on through her voice. A smile had also taken over his face. 

    "Maybe we should sleep." Dream said hugging his pillow close to him with his eyes closed.

   "Maybe." Hadlee commented, the feeling of sleepiness took over her once again. Neither of them had planned on hanging up the phone anytime soon. They had wanted to be in each others presence for as long as possible even though it was just through a phone.