23

Third Person POV

   "Nick get off Hadlee's ass!" Clay yelled as Nick chased Hadlee around her backyard. Hadlee let out a fit of giggles as Clay started chasing Nick for almost tackling her.

"Why would I want to! She has a nice a-" Nick didn't get to finish his sentence before he was tackled to the ground by Clay. He let out an omph on impact.

Hadlee froze and stared down at Nick who smiled innocently up at her. Her straight face slowly moved upwards and she let out another giggle. Which turned into more giggles.

"Clay you're just jealous that I have a better butt than you." Hadlee said with a large smile. Clay's eyes moved from Nick up to the girl who stood in front of him before a smile graced his lips. He shook his head and got off of Nick so Nick could stand.

"So you look at my ass Hadlee?" Clay questioned crossing his arms. Hadlee's giggles stopped and her eyes burned holes into Clay's. She rolled her eyes, her cheeks a light pink shade.

"I do not. It was a joke idiot. Now come on boys. I wanna take you guys out for lunch!" Hadlee exclaimed grabbing their hands and dragging them around the house towards her car.

They all piled into the small white car, Hadlee in the drivers seat, Clay in the front seat, and Nick in the back, of course letting out many grumbles. Hadlee had kept small talk to the boys as she drove to her favorite restaurant. As she pulled in a huge smile graced her lips. She basically dragged the boys inside.

"Oh my goodness! Harold look it's Hadlee!" The elderly lady behind the counter yelled out. It gained the attention of the costumers in the restaurant and they all did small waves, recognizing who she was.

"Hadlee dear! You haven't been here in ages! We have all missed you!" The elderly woman said coming around the counter to pull the girl into a hug. Hadlee let out a laugh hugging the woman back.

"I'm sorry Suzie, some personal things had happened, but I would like you to meet two friends of mine. This is Nick and Clay." Hadlee introduces. The two stuck out their hands for an introduction handshake, which Suzie only replied by pulling them into a hug.

After the three were seated, Hadlee next to Clay and Nick across from them, they looked at the menu.

"What do you recommend?" Nick asked looking up at Hadlee. Hadlee hummed and sat her menu down. She had been here so many times that she has basically had everything on the menu.

"Their honey ham sandwich is quite good. I normally just eat a bacon cheese burger with fries." Hadlee said setting her menu down on the side of the table.

After the waitress, who of course greeted Hadlee with a smile and wave, came and took their orders they began talking.

"How are you so known here!?" Nick asked looking at Hadlee as yet another person recognized her.

"Well I help a lot of people. I have basically volunteered at every store this town has. People just know me I guess." Hadlee said with a simple shrug.

"You said you didn't have many friends though, yet people are greeting you like friends." Nick said taking a bite out of the burger he had ordered.

"Well I don't have many friends. I don't talk to new people well. I have one good friends who is away at training camp for the Marines. We don't talk much though. His name is Zach. I think you'd like him." Hadlee explained, smiling thinking about her best friend. Jealousy went across Clay's mind as he thought that maybe Hadlee had feelings for this Zach boy. He quickly pushed the feeling aside and joined in the conversation.