26

Third Person POV

    "Do you have to go?" Hadlee mumbled into Clay's chest. The two of them stood in the airport in each others arms. Neither of them wanted to let go. Clay let out a sigh and kissed the top of Hadlee's head.

   "I don't want to, but I have to." He mumbled holding the girl impossibly closer. Hadlee nodded slowly. Although she didn't want Clay to leave, she knew that he had to. He had to get home to take care of Patches.

"I'll call you when I get home." Clay mumbled. He had pulled away when the lady over the speakers had called his flight. The times that the two dread the most showed up faster than they both had wanted. With one last big hug Clay left Hadlee in the waiting area of the airport.

Once she knew Clay was out of sight she let the tears fall. They weren't even together but she felt such a strong pull towards him. He was her person without meaning to be.

   As Clay sat down in his seat in the plane he let out a loud sigh.  Leaving Hadlee always left a large weight on his chest. He wanted to turn around and pull her onto the plane with him. To just take her home with him, but he knew he couldn't do that.

   Clay reached down into his bag to grab his headphones when he felt something soft. He scrunched his face and opened his carry on bag further. When he noticed what was inside he paused. A smile graced over his lips and he pulled out the item.

   A brown stuffed bear was now sitting Clay's hands. He specifically remembered Hadlee holding this thing tight whenever she slept. It was her source of comfort, so why did he have it.

  Attached to its leg was a small piece of paper. Clay grasped it before flipping it over.

   This is Beary. I know you've seen me with him and since you are gone I wanted you to have something that reminded you of me. Take good care of him for me :)
-Hadlee

   With a large smile Clay lifted the bear up toward his face. The sweet smell of Hadlee's perfume filled his nose. He smiled in delight. Turning to the side a little he held the bear closer to him and drifted off to sleep.

Short chapter I know but I at least but wanted to put something out there. I hope you enjoy soft boy dream when it comes to Hadlee. Thank you all sm for reading my book and I love you all!