chapter 06

CARINA'S POV

"Come on!" Cass whines for the hundredth time. "Let us help," he pouts. Adrian, him and I are sitting on the Slytherin Common Room a day before classes start up again. I'm gathering the courage to dye my hair, reading over the box. "Please, Nina, please!" He begs dramatically as Adrian flails his arms around in desperation.

"We promise we won't mess it up!" He piles on, clamping his hands together. "Just - how about you just let us do just the tip - wait, that came out wrong," a deep blush sets on his cheeks as Cassius and I let out a strenuous cackle.

"Alright, just for that, you can help me," I decide to tell them both, a smile on my face while they break out into cheers. "Let's be quick, yeah? It says I have to wash it off and I don't want it to burn my scalp," they roll their eyes at me but continue grinning. I open the box and we begin the process.

While we work on my hair, I can't help but think back on last night. Meeting Lee was something I'd always wanted to do. George was adamant that we'd be good friends. It kind of reminded me of the time when he wanted Fred and I to get along as well. To say that one backfired, would be an understatement. Still, Lee's attitude towards life is something one doesn't see very often. Even so, I have to admit, last night started off pretty awkward because of Fred and I...

"So," George began, clearing his throat before taking a couple of chips from the centre of the table. "Nina's actually quite a decent flyer... she'd make a good addition to the Slytherin team," Quidditch was something that brought us all together. I knew that much. George's compliment was enough to make a smile set on my lips.

The dark skinned boy looked over at me with a raised eyebrow, "Really?" He questioned. "I never knew that," he let me know, shoving some chips down his mouth before continuing. "What position do you play?" I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was actually interested.

Just as I was about to reply, Fred beat me to it. "She doesn't play in any position," he muttered, sipping on some pumpkin juice. "She's not on the team," he said nonchalantly.

Rolling my eyes, I glared at him. "We know that, Weasley," I retorted, exhaling in annoyance. "I'd like to be a Seeker or a Chaser," I told Lee, ignoring the older twin's existence. "I think those may suit me best -"

"How would you know?" Fred mumbled under his breath, clearly wanting to push me away.

"I don't have to be on a stupid, sexist team to know what I'm good at," by that point, we were staring at each other with hatred.

His eyes flashed, "Humble, truly humble," said the ginger, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Scoffing, a small smirk appeared on my face before I stated, "It's not my problem you're only good at one thing-"

"Oh, as if, Malfoy!" Fred exclaimed, flailing his arms. "I'm good at plenty of things!"

"Yeah? Is one of them being annoying because if so then you're the freaking King!" Lee burst out into laughter, pointing at Fred playfully.

"She's not wrong..."

From that moment on, Lee became friendlier towards me. We almost joined forces to make fun of Fred, even if it was in a joking manner, it felt good to watch him grow angrier and angrier at our new found camaraderie. George was enjoying himself to no end, he loved that I got along with his best friend - almost as much as he would've loved me having a stable friendship with his brother.

Draco walks in mid-dye, a frown on his face as he stares over at me, mouth parting. "Woah, you look really different," his lips are curled downwards as he glances at me for a second, squinting. I continue applying the product, staring back into his silver eyes, "You remind me of someone, can't quite pinpoint who... Looks good, though," he must've seen the look on my face because he becomes reassuring fairly quickly. "Different, but good," my little brother says softly, sitting down on the table in front of me.