chapter 49

NARRATOR'S POV

Valentine's day rolls around faster than Carina would've liked. Thankfully though, she had been able to finish Fred's gift just in time. The morning after finding out about Bellatrix Lestrange and the other Death Eaters, Fred had gone to look for Carina. He'd treated her to breakfast in the kitchens with Dobby's help. He'd listened for hours as she cried, held her in his arms and wiped her tears away without a second thought.

Thinking back on every problem they'd had before, made her realise how far they'd come as a couple. Even from the outside it's noticeable how much they've grown together. Communication and acceptance of the other's feelings now being one of their greatest skills. "Morning," says Carina as she walks downstairs to the Slytherin Common Room, a smile on her lips. "Happy Valentine's day," says the girl, wrapping her arms around her boys, who return the gesture.

"Happy Valentine's day, Nina," they retort. Adrian kisses her temple while Cassius rubs her lower back affectionately. It's a Saturday, which means they're allowed to go to Hogsmeade. While Adrian and Lee will be going to Honeydukes together, George and Cass decided to go for a couple of butterbeers along with Ron and whoever else decided to join along the way. Meanwhile, Draco would also be going to the Three Broomsticks, with his own friend group. "What're you doing today?"

Carina shrugs. "I think we're going to the Tea Shop," she says, making them both erupt into laughter. "I know, I know. We're kind of going there as a joke, but Fred seems really excited to try the Tiramisù," she admits. "It does look amazing though!"

"Bring me a slice later on?" Asks Cassius, nudging her side. Carina pretends to think about it for a while, earning a scoff from the older boy.

"I'm only teasing you, Cassy. Of course I'll get you a piece," she says, ruffling his hair with a playful grin. "You too, A," she says before the other boy can even open his mouth. Adrian grins in response, nodding happily at being included. "What did you get for Lee?" She asks him as the three of them walk out of the Common Room.

"He'll let you know after I give it to him, you'll just spoil the surprise with your faces," mutters Adrian, causing his friends to gasp loudly. "Oh, here we go," he rolls his eyes as soon as the two Slytherins begin pestering him about the present.

As the three of them walk out of the Castle to head for their dates, Cassius continues sharing his anger. "Why can't you just tell us?" He complains with a whine, "We won't say anything! I've never told anyone any secret you've ever told me," lies Cass, swinging his arms dramatically. Adrian actually laughs at that, throwing his head back. "What are you laughing for?" Carina already knows the answer to that.

"So you didn't tell Carina about the time I gave Draco a bottle of Firewhiskey without her permission?" The girl curses under her breath as Cassius turns to face her, his eyes wide, betrayal written all over his face. "Yeah, that's right. She told me an hour after you told her! Both of you suck at keeping secrets," he points out, the smirk growing on his face as Cassius mumbles out something unintelligible.

"Well to be fair, I didn't tell anyone about Lucius until I physically couldn't keep it a secret," claims Carina, crossing her arms across her chest. Immediately, Adrian and Cassius groan at her words, causing her to feign offence. "What?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" Mimics Adrian, narrowing his eyes. "You can't pull the Lucius card more than once a day," he adds, shoving her shoulder softly. "It's unfair!" He exclaims, causing Carina to let out a surprised gasp.

The green eyed girl has to actively stop herself from breaking out into laughter, tightening her lips into a thin line. "I haven't used the Lucius card today!"