chapter 17

NARRATOR'S POV

It's been a couple of days since Carina found out the truth about her father. The night right after, she went back to the Shrieking Shack, thanks to Crookshanks, with a blanket and food that would last Sirius at least a few days. The next morning, she laid in bed and realised there had always been a reason as to why Lucius hated her so much. He despised her for being the daughter of an Order member. After all, they were the reason Voldemort was defeated.

"Dragon, are you busy?" Carina asks after knocking on Draco's dorm room door softly.

"Come in!" The younger boy calls from inside. Taking a deep breath, she opens the door, smiling when she sees Draco sitting criss crossed on his bed, books all over the place. "Hi, Nina!" He grins at his sister, patting an empty spot next to him. "How're you? You've been studying really hard lately, I've barely seen you!" He points out.

The green eyed girl hums, sitting next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. "What're you reading?" She asks, biting her lip.

"Arithmancy," replies Draco, making her smile widen. He is definitely my brother. "I'm taking it next year, for sure! I think I'll do quite well, actually," he adds, flipping a page. "I know I should be practicing for tomorrow," there's a Quidditch match against Gryffindor, the season finals, "But Flint said I'm all worn out, he ordered me to rest."

"That's good, Dray," murmurs Carina, pulling back and looking into his grey eyes. The worse part about finding out that she's not Lucius and Narcissa's daughter, is the fact that she's not technically Draco's sister, but his cousin. "I love you, you know that, right?" She says suddenly. He looks at her with a frown.

"I - I - Nina, you know I love you too, why are you -" Draco begins speaking, an unreadable expression on his face.

They said it often enough, but something about Carina's tone was throwing him off. "I'm just saying," she cut him off gently, ruffling his platinum hair to lighten the mood, making him groan, "I'm your older sister, yeah? Always, no matter what," Draco pushes her hands away, fixing the mess she'd made, flattening out his hair.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," he mumbles, rolling his eyes, "I'll always be your baby brother, I know," he says in a high pitched voice, mocking her. She used to bother him a lot with that, always telling him that no matter how old he got, she'd always be his older sister. Now, it has a different meaning, but he doesn't know that yet. She's not sure he ever will. "Why're you being so weird?" Shrieks Draco when Carina tackles him in a hug.

"I'm on my period, shut up," she lies, squeezing him even tighter.

"Ew, gross, Carina, get off!" Draco screams jokingly.

"Draco!" The girl gasps out a laugh, "It's not gross, it's natural!"

Later that day, Carina's walking through the halls, looking for Cassius and Adrian, when she spots Remus talking to Harry. Immediately, her heart stops. After she got back some of her memories, everything she felt for the man, came rushing in as well. The way he looks, the smile on his face as he speaks to the young Gryffindor, his brown eyes that she used to know so well... Everything about him reminds her of being home. Will he feel like home too?

She stays frozen as Harry and Remus finish up speaking. Harry sees her, turning to the Professor, she hears him mumble something like 'Sorry about the other night, it won't happen again,' and then he walks back to his friends. The older man turns around, his grin widening when he sees her, "Carina?" His brows furrow at the look on her face. It's almost as if - He takes a couple steps in her direction but before he can even make it halfway, she's running to him.