chapter 26

NARRATOR'S POV

Their excitement is unmatchable when they arrive at the tent for the night. "Krum, Krum, Krum, Krum!" Sing the twins, yelling and dancing around the living room. Ron hasn't been able to talk about anything but Viktor since the game ended. "Du du du du du du du," they continue singing, moving their feet, trying to do the Irish dance. Bill and Arthur are making dinner while Charlie and Carina sit down on the couch.

"There's no one like Krum!" Speaks Ron all of a sudden, jumping up on a chair. Ginny looks over at him with an amused expression, chuckling when Harry joins in with the twins.

"KRUM?" The twins start flailing their arms around Ron, making fun of him as he continues going on and on about how amazing Krum is.

"He's like a bird! The way he rides the wind!" Harry and Carina look at each other, smug expressions on their faces, quietly making fun of Ron, trying to keep their laughter in. "He's more than an athlete -" Fred throws an Irish flag over Ron's head, which the younger boy quickly lowers, wearing it as a cape. " - He's an artist!" Percy huffs, rolling his eyes at how ridiculous his brother sounds.

Ginny walks over to her brothers, caressing Ron's arm. "I think you're in love Ron," she giggles, looking up at him.

With a subtle blush on his cheek, Ron breathes out a small, "Shut up."

"Viktor, I love you!" George sings, pulling Ron down to the ground, holding on to his hand.

"Viktor, I do!" Fred continues, holding his other hand dramatically, throwing his head back.

Harry joins the twins, jumping around with them and singing along, "When we're apart, my heart beats only for you!" They all break into a fit of laughter at Ron's shocked expression, including Carina and Charlie, who shakes his head at their actions.

When fireworks begin popping off, Carina gets up from her seat, walking towards the edge of the tent and looking up at the sky, which shows no sign of them. George skips over to her, as does Fred, both of them standing tall behind her. "Looks like the Irish have got their pride on," says George, squinting as he tries to figure out where the noise is coming from.

However, as soon as he finishes speaking, Arthur rushes over to them with a worried look on his face. "Stop!" He tells Bill, Charlie and Ron, who are playfully throwing pillows around. "Stop it!" He takes it from Bill's hands. At that, the oldest son stands up, now seeming concerned. "That's not the Irish!" He exclaims, pulling Ginny down from where she'd been standing. "We've gotta get out of here - Now!" Yells Arthur, pushing on Percy's back so that he'd exit the tent along with the rest of his sons.

Carina's heartbeat rises through the roof as she walks out, eyes wide, taking it all in. Its mayhem outside, people running and screaming in terror. She can't quite make out what is going on. Startled, her gaze shifts to her hand whens she feels Fred's wrapping around it protectively. "What the hell is happening?" Asks the green eyed girl, chest tightening as she sees tents burning down to the ground. "I need to find Draco," she tells Fred, her eyes filled with fear.

Before she's even finished her sentence, Fred's shaking his head, "No, no, we have to get to the Portkey. He's probably with the Minister and Lucius, he'll be fine," his grip on her tightens, knowing he might need to be forceful. Carina is slightly aware that Draco's probably not at risk, but she can't stay calm, not when she's not certain. Anything could happen amidst this chaos. "Carina, I won't let you," Fred sounds serious, more than ever before.

Carina opens her mouth to reply, but Charlie cuts her off by loudly exiting the tent, a couple of bags over his shoulder. He's pulling on Ginny's hand, running up to join his family. "We have to get to the Portkey!" Shouts the man over the noise.