chapter 41

tw: detention with umbridge.

NARRATOR'S POV

"Good morning!" Chirps Cassius, sitting down in front of Carina and Adrian, a big smile on his face. "How were rounds last night? I had a the best night's sleep, ever! I love sleeping here, I swear! The Dungeons are so comfortable, I don't know why the other Houses think so lowly of them..." he continues to talk, despite the fact that Carina and Adrian haven't uttered a word.

Adrian groans after a few more seconds, "Cass, I love you, you know I do... but please, let the caffeine kick in, yeah?" Carina chuckles, patting his shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

"I'm glad you had a good's night, Cass," says Carina, turning to his friend, who offers them an innocent grin. "Adrian's just a little cranky right now... He's not used to rounds yet," Adrian mutters something under his breath, stuffing his face with french toast, staring blankly at the table. "I got detention with Umbridge today," admits Carina, making the two of them turn to her sharply. Draco does the same thing, glancing up at her with a surprised look on his face.

"What? You?" Questions Cassius, raising his eyebrows. "A detention? First night back? That's so out of character..." he frowns, a sudden grin etching upon his face. "I like it, what did you do?" He asks, tone hushed.

The platinum haired boy snorts, shaking his head at the older Slytherin, who shrugs it off. Carina chuckles, running a hand through her hair. When she told Fred it wasn't her first detention, she wasn't lying - but it had been a long while since then. "Well, Fred wanted to keep me company during rounds, and Umbridge didn't seem to appreciate that," mutters the Head Girl, rolling her eyes. Adrian purses his lips, containing his laughter, as does Cassius. "Fuck off," she tells them both, scoffing.

"Not my fault you don't know how to sneak around," points out Adrian with a teasing tone, implying that he didn't have any problems when he visited Lee. Carina imitates him, a playful scowl on her face as she pretends to be angry. "I bet it'll make you better at that, though. You win some, you -"

"- Get detention with the creepiest looking Professor for some," finishes Cassius, smirking lightly, making Carina laugh. "Want me to get detention too? I'll join you!" He suggests, causing her to laugh even more.

"Don't be stupid, Cassius," she rolls her eyes, the smile still on her face. "At least we all have Defence Against the Dark Arts together, huh?" Says Carina, trying to see the brighter side of things.

Draco groans, "Talk for yourself," he mutters. "I have it with Goyle, Crabbe, Potter and his little fan club," adds the grey eyed boy. "I'll never be the best in class as long as Granger's there," complains Draco, narrowing his eyes. "That girl's a Know it All. I can't believe she has friends," he mumbles, seemingly very affected.

"I can't believe you have friends with that lovely attitude of yours," retorts Pansy. "Really, someone should give us royalties for putting up with it!" Draco shuts her up by tossing a scarf at her face before she catches it, laughing mockingly. Carina joins in, shaking her head at their bickering. "Always going on and on... every single day: Potter this, Potter that -"

"- Oh, you're a bag of pricks, Parkinson," mutters Draco, flipping her off with a V sign.

While the rest of the group tries to stifle their laughter, Pansy chortles, "Really?" She asks indignantly. "Telling the lesbian she's a bag of pricks, how boring!" Retorts the short haired girl, crossing her arms over her chest in a dramatic manner. "Be more original, Malfoy!" She demands, piling up on her friend.

"Fine then! You're a huge bag of really tiny pricks!" Exclaims Draco, a half smirk on his face. At that, it's impossible for anyone to hold their laughter back anymore. Pansy clutches on to Blaise's elbow as she laughs, chest heaving, while Carina throws her head back against Adrian's shoulder and Cassius chokes on his pumpkin juice.