chapter 61

NARRATOR'S POV

Being at the Burrow this year somehow feels different - and not in a good way. Carina can't help but feel guilty every time Harry and her at in the same room. Even if it's only been a day since their discussion, the tension is palpable in the air. Harry hasn't told anyone else yet, and of course, Fred hasn't either. "I get it," he says, tracing Carina's wrist softly. They're sitting on the couch in the living room. "You didn't want to betray Draco's trust... he's your brother," points out Fred, understanding her position. "I must say, I would probably do the same thing if George asked me."

They'd been talking about this for a while, and all Fred had asked of her was to be fully honest with him about what she knew of Draco's plan. He'd even promised to help her however he could. Carina hums, resting her head on Fred's shoulder. "I really care for Harry, though... I don't want him to feel like I don't," murmurs Carina, sighing deeply.  Fred nods in response. "There's a part of me that simply doesn't wanna deal with this," she admits shamefully. "I wish I didn't know anything, I just want to be left in the dark," she mumbles. "At least that way I wouldn't feel like a such a shitty friend."

"Woah, stop," says Fred, shaking his head. "You're anything but that," he tells the former Slytherin Head Girl, reassuring her. "Even if you can't tell Harry the full truth, even if you can't include him in every single plan, you have the best intention, and you're trying to help him!" He exclaims. "Please don't be so mean to my girlfriend, okay?" Carina laughs at his words, rolling her eyes dramatically, shoving him away. "Or be mean and suffer the consequences!"

Fred starts tickling Carina then, causing her to screech and throw her head back, her laughter ringing in Fred's ears. Nina tries to push him away, but he continues his assault, smiling wider when she tris to squirm away from his grip. "Where are you goin'?" He asks sarcastically, "Come back!" He wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her into his chest, on to his lap. Carina catches her breath, panting as Fred holds on to her. He reaches up, grabbing her chin tenderly, guiding her in for a soft kiss. 

"Get a room!" George exclaims as he walks into the living room, causing the couple to pull away. Cass chuckles, nudging his boyfriend along.

"Piss off," retorts Fred, flipping him off with a small smirk on his lips.

"Yeah, piss off!" Adds Carina, sticking her tongue out at her best friend. George does the same thing back with even more energy.

In that moment, Harry, Hermione and Ron walk down the stairs, and the air thickens. Carina has no idea if Harry has spoken to his friends about what he learned. He'll probably tell them before telling Remus and Sirius as well. Thankfully, Carina bit that bullet through letters weeks ago. Sirius knows that Draco has something up his sleeve, but he's deposited all his trust in Carina, same as Remus - even though, he's way more against it than his husband. "Hi," says Hermione, clearing her throat. "Are - are Sirius and Remus coming?" She wonders. 

"Yeah," replies Carina. "They're arriving with Tonks in a few minutes, probably. Molly's still cooking in the kitchen, getting dinner ready," she adds, offering them a grin. "She sent Arthur to the store for some last minute things she needed." Harry avoids eye contact as Carina speaks, staring at anything other than her. The trio leave the living room after that, Hermione giving Carina a couple of subtle glances. "He told them," mutters Carina under her breath, not that she's surprised or angry, just stating a fact.

Fred hums in agreement. "Told who what?" Asks Cassius, trying to join in on the conversation. 

"Harry told Hermione and Ron that I'm the best looking twin," says Fred, smirking as George starts denying his words, effectively changing the subject.

Minutes later, as Carina expected, Sirius, Remus and Tonks arrive. They knock at the door, waving at their daughter through the window. She springs up, basically jumping out of Fred's lap to open the door. As soon as she does, Sirius and Remus all but hug the life out of her. "Star!" Sighs Sirius, moving back and pecking her daughter's cheeks. "Tu m'as manqué," he says, caressing her face after pulling away.