chapter 33

NARRATOR'S POV

The Second Task is right around the corner and, honestly, Carina is not looking forward to it. The majority of the students are having breakfast at the Great Hall, everyone sitting on their respective tables. When Montague walks in, the Emerald trio turn to look at him. It's been about a month since the 'attack'. Cass and Adrian smirk when the older boy sits down by himself, ignoring everyone around him.

It was more than evident to Graham that his attackers had been the two boys, but he had no proof, he didn't actually see them coming because of the Blinding Curse. Unbeknownst to him, that hadn't been performed by any of the Slytherins. Fred sits on the Gryffindor table, glancing in Montague's direction sneakily before looking in Carina's direction. The green eyed girl chuckles lowly at something Cassius says, shaking her head, her eyes landing on Fred.

A smile grows on his face as their gazes meet. He loves moments like these. When the universe conspires for them - small, almost imperceptible, yet perfect moments. The world around them ceases to exist, nothing else really matters when suddenly, Carina smiles back. She's resting her chin on her hand, her fingers softly grazing the corner of her lips and Fred wants nothing more than to get up and kiss her -

"Miss Black," Carina breaks away, raising her gaze to be met with Professor McGonagall, who stands in front of her, hands folded. The girl blinks, bringing herself back to reality. "May I please see you in my office?" Cass and Adrian freeze, not even daring to look up at the Professor, who places her hand on Cassius' shoulder, calmly.

Nodding, Carina stands up from her place, pretending everything is fine, "Of course, Professor." She looks down at her boys, ruffling Adrian's hair to keep up the act, "See you at the docks, yeah?" The longer haired boy nods, and she offers him a reassuring smile before walking out of the Great Hall with Gryffindor's Head of House. Fred watches the scene unfold, cursing under his breath.

Without being too obvious, he looks back at the Slytherin table, and sees Draco looking back at him. Discreetly, the platinum haired boy shakes his head, jaw locked, teeth gritted together, telling him to stay put knowing Fred would want to go after her and see what's going on. "Where's Ron?" Comes Hermione's voice, making him turn around to look at her. "Harry! Where's Ronald gone?" She asks again, unskilfully masking her desperation.

"I don't know, Hermione, okay?" Replies Harry, a groan exiting his lips as he tugs on his hair. "I'm kind of focused on not dying today so please forgive me if I don't know Ron's whereabouts!" Harry exclaims sarcastically, rolling his eyes and getting up from the table. George snorts, only to get his arm smacked by Ginny, who narrows her eyes at the twin in a threatening manner.

The conversation shifts when Lee speaks up out of the blue, "A Hufflepuff boy asked me for your Ton-Tongue Toffees. Do you have more of those?" He asks.

"No." "Yes." Fred and George answer at the same time. Fred, who said they didn't, turns to look at George with a quizzical expression on his face. "Mum took those away, remember? We're still working on the formula..." he says, now sounding unsure.

George offers his older twin an innocent grin, "Yeah, about that," he clears his throat, scratching the back of his head. "Carina took some from mum before we left and she gave them to me a couple months back," admits the boy, biting his bottom lip when Fred's eyes widen. "She didn't want me to tell you back then because of what happened between you - but she still wanted us to have them, so..."

"Wicked," says Lee, unaware of how Fred's heart is melting at George's words. The things she does for the people she loves... Fred's reminded of Graham's harsh statement, but he pushes it away as he glances back at Lee. "I'll tell him you have them then," he shrugs, finishing his breakfast.