chapter 38

NARRATOR'S POV

"Baby!" Carina turns around at the sound of her cousin's voice, a smile appearing on her face instantly at the sight. Tonks runs in her direction, throwing herself into Carina's arms. The older girl is shorter than Carina, so she fits comfortably under her neck. "I missed you so much! Auror training has been killing me but I'm so happy to see you!" She says, pulling back and taking Carina's face between her hands. "You look bloody beautiful, Nina!"

The green eyed girl chuckles, placing her hands on top of Tonks', pulling them away with a grin. "I've got so much to tell you, Dora," says Carina, holding the girl's hands. The Weasley's are setting up their things for the few days they'll be staying there. George will stay for longer - thank Merlin, because Carina misses him too much.

"I know," replies Tonks with a small smirk. "A little doggy told me you have a boyfriend," she adds, wiggling her eyebrows. Carina snorts at her words, rolling her eyes. "Unfortunately, I feel like that may have to wait until we get back from Harry's," sighs the older girl, resting her head on Carina's shoulder.

The mention of Harry's name causes Carina to look around for her father, but he's nowhere in sight. Probably chatting with Molly, Arthur and Remus. "Can I join?" She asks, perking up slightly. Nymphadora looks unsure, pursing her lips. "Why not?" Frowns Carina, reading her face expression.

"I don't think Moody would be on board... He's only allowing the Advanced Guard to go to Harry's location," says Tonks, shrugging nonchalantly. "Either way, we could ask. Rem's also the leader of the group so he may push for you to join!" She points out. Carina lets out a huff of air. "Or the opposite..." realises Tonks, sighing deeply. "There'll be a lot of missions for you to join us in, Nina. Don't worry your pretty little head about it," says Tonks, reaching over and ruffling Carina's black hair with a smile.

In that moment, Alastor Moody walks into the room along with other Order Members that Carina doesn't recognise. "We must make haste!" Exclaims the man, banging his cane on the floor, causing a chill to run down Carina's back. Fred and George Apparate to the living room as Ron and Ginny rush downstairs along with Hermione, who got there a couple of hours ago. Remus and Sirius walk out from the kitchens, Arthur and Molly following close behind.

"Papa, I was wondering if I -" Carina begins, before Sirius and Remus cut her off at the same time.

"No," they chorus, shaking their heads. Carina groans, narrowing her eyes. "Star, we have more than enough people -"

"- You won't even know I'm there!" She tries, pouting at both men. "Please? I promise, I won't cause any trouble," Carina knows her best shot lies with Sirius. The man has a soft spot for her. Not like Remus doesn't love her just the same but he's a lot harder to convince. "Please, dad," she pushes, eyes doe like. Sirius sighs, giving in, turning to his husband. Lucky for her, Remus' soft spot lies with Sirius.

"Fine," mutters Remus, shaking his head, making her grin widely. Tonks rubs her back with a victorious smile. "Just stay close to me at all times, alright?" She nods vigorously. "C'mon then, let's go." Moody nods, holding his broom tightly in his hand and Apparating somewhere along with a couple of the other Order members. Tonks and Remus wait for the green eyed girl.

Carina turns to Fred and kisses his cheek softly as a goodbye. Fred stops her, kissing her forehead before letting her go. She skips over to her dad, waving at Sirius before placing her hand on Remus' shoulder. "We'll be back in no time, sweetheart," says Remus to his spouse, who nods solemnly before the three of them hold their brooms and leave with the crack of an Apparition.

When Carina opens her eyes once the Apparition's over. They are all standing in front of a white house, medium sized and not at all ugly. "Harry lives here?" Asks the girl, tilting her head. Remus hums, nodding. "Interesting. Is his family in? Perhaps we shouldn't've Apparated right in front of their house," she points out, making Tonks chuckle.