chapter 13

remember: not every event that happened in the books and movies by now has happened - i will try and specify what has occurred so you don't get them mixed up. draco isn't as much of a bitch here.

NARRATOR'S POV

No one suspects a thing by the time Carina arrives at Hogwarts. The plan had worked perfectly. She sneaks into her dorm, and when people ask, she tells them she'd been there the whole time, cooped up in the library or her room - and of course they believe her. Nobody would question a Malfoy, let alone the Slytherin Princess. It lines up, with their O.W.Ls coming up everybody thought she was studying. Plus, Cass and Adrian are there to back her up. The Emerald Trio is basically untouchable at this point.

When Draco gets there days later, Carina embraces him in a tight hug. "You okay?" Is the first question that leaves her mouth. She takes his face between her hands, looking at him for wounds, trying to see if her dad lost it somehow. Fortunately, she finds nothing of the sort.

The younger boy smiles, tenderly pulling back with a nod. "Yeah, had a pretty good time actually. Pansy, Blaise, Nott, Crabbe and Goyle came over... I missed you, that's all," he says truthfully. It's weird how differently they both feel about going home. "Father said he was glad you didn't come, that he hoped you were studying for your O.W.Ls," Draco tells her softly. "Mother sent her love, she made me bring some new clothes for you..." Narcissa was always doing things like this and honestly, Carina wishes it was a hug instead of clothes.

"How very considerate of them," jokes Carina, shaking her head. She's going to ace those exams, she knows that. "C'mon, it's time for lunch, I know you're hungry," they walk to the Great Hall together, chatting about Draco's holiday, only to discover a huge group of people around the Gryffindor Table. "What's going on over there?" Carina wonders out loud once they reach the Slytherin Table.

"Potter got a Firebolt for Christmas," Pansy fills them in as they sit down. "Everyone's swooning over it, of course," grumbles the younger girl, rolling her eyes. For some reason, Draco's friends had a problem with Harry's friends, and vice versa. It's been going on since the very beginning and all because Harry wouldn't shake Draco's hand for being mean to his new friend.

"Really? Wicked, that's gonna give him an advantage for sure, so we're gonna have to up our game," Cass looks up, trying to sneak a glance at their table. "Who's it from?" He asks, frowning when they all shrug in response. "I didn't know Potter had the facilities for that kind of a broom," he admits, eating his scrambled eggs. "You gonna open your presents, Nina?"

The girl looks up from her empty plate with a surprised look on her face, "My what?" Cass nods at the two boxes that are on top of the table, "Those are mine? Thought they were Draco's," the younger Slytherin shakes his head. She normally doesn't get presents sent in. Draco, Adrian, Cassius and George always give her something, but those are given in person.

"I got mine at the Manor, they got sent there this time," he replies with a shrug. Carina hums, pushing her plate aside before taking the smallest gift in her hand. Draco gets distracted by something Blaise says, so Carina takes this as her chance to read over the note.

For: Carina Malfoy
From: Your favourite cousin, with love.
             Keep it on you at all times!
             PS. Let me know when you figure out what it does, see you soon babe x

With a smile, she tears the paper open, revealing an object that looks something like an extra-squiggly, golden television aerial. "What's that?" Asks Adrian with his mouth full, earning a slap in the arm by Cass.