chapter 50

warning: sexual themes, alcohol, cigarettes and drugs are involved in this chapter; content marked +13. mentions of addiction and abuse.

NARRATOR'S POV

"Can you believe it?" Asks George, gaze fixed on the Quidditch match, clapping along with the rest of the Gryffindors. "Ginny as the official Seeker on the final match of the season..." he says, pride filling up his chest. Carina smiles at his best friend, leaning into his shoulder and looking up at him. "She's amazing." It's been a few months since Harry, Fred and George had gotten kicked off the team, and despite being broken up about it, they still felt as pleased as ever to have Ginny for a Seeker.

Ginny and Cho fly over the rest of the players, both of them focused on looking for the Golden Snitch. At one point, the red haired Seeker displays her abilities by doing a full turn, smiling as some students cheer loudly for her. "What a show off," mutters Fred, earning a slap to the back of the head, swiftly delivered by Harry. "What the hell mate!" Carina laughs at his reaction, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I taught her that," claims the younger boy. "She did that for me," and he's right, because Ginny is looking right at him, offering a small wave. Carina looks between the pair, the ghost of a smile on her face. Though Ginny has been going on a few dates with the Ravenclaw team captain as of late, Carina is certain there's something going on between her and Harry.

"They grow up so fast," cries George, wiping away fake tears from his cheeks. Lee continues announcing the game as it goes on, the group still enjoying it thoroughly. Ron saves almost every Quaffle that gets thrown his way, causing the entire student body to get even more excited as Gryffindor gets closer to the finish line.

All together, the spectators begins to sing, "Weasley is our King!" The Gryffindors chant. "Weasley is our King! He didn't let the Quaffle in! Weasley is our King!" Ron turns to look at the crowd, his heart growing in his chest at the sight. Angelina swiftly skips past Bradley, one of the distracted Chasers and scores another goal.

"Johnson for Gryffindor! Scoring yet another goal! Forty - ten for the red and gold!" Screams Lee, raising his arms in victory. "Here comes Davies towards the Gryffindor rings! C'mon Ron!" Shouts the dark skinned boy, holding on to the megaphone.

As Davies goes to throw the Quaffle, the crowd's chanting intensifies, "Weasley can save anything!" Katie attempts to get back the Quaffle, but is unable to. "He never leaves a single ring! That's why Gryffindor's all sing: Weasley is our King!" They all erupt into cheers as Ron stops the Quaffle, not allowing it to pass through. Carina, who was singing along, yells out her praises for Ron, as do his brothers.

"Merlin! Did you see that, Professor McGonagall?" Asks Lee, shaking the Professor's shoulder slightly, unable to contain himself. The older woman simply glares at him through her glasses, though, there's a hint of a smile she can't hide. "What a fantastic save from our very own, Ronald Weasley!" Ron raises his fist, a wide grin on his face as people cheer for him. "Look! Look! Ginny Weasley appears to have spotted the Snitch!" Exclaims Lee through the megaphone.

Fred screams at the top of his lungs for his sister, gripping the wooden rail with pure joy, nerves swimming around his body. Lee continues, "Hold on to your seats, people! It appears Gryffindor will be winning the Inter-House Quidditch Cup this year!" Carina squeals, feeling extremely happy for her boyfriend's team, both of her arms raised as she urges Ginny on.

The Gryffindor Seeker flies through the air, very much like Viktor does. Carina knows he would be pleasantly surprised by her. "It's Weasley! Weasley after the Golden Snitch for Gryffindor! Here comes Chang! Chang making her way towards Weasley! It's gonna be a close call, everyone! Look at them go!" Cho rushes through the sky towards the red haired Seeker.