chapter 47

NARRATOR'S POV

"You better get back here with that, you little shit!" Screams can be heard all around Grimmauld place. Carina shrieks with delight as she runs downstairs, almost falling over when she sees Remus standing near the bottom of the staircase. Before he can even ask what's going on, she runs past him, turning towards the living room. "Come back here, Carina Black! I swear to Merlin I will - excuse me, Professor Lupin - I will murder you!"

The green eyed girl lets out a cheery laugh as Adrian tries to catch up to her. They end up on opposite sides of the table, breathless but smiling wide. "Just let me open it!" Exclaims Carina, holding on to the gift she found under Adrian's bed that had her name written on it. "It's Christmas anyway! You should let me have this!"

"You can have it at night, after dinner like everybody else!" Retorts the older boy, narrowing his eyes at his best friend. "Not even Cass is making that big of a deal over his gift!" Points out Adrian, patting Cassius' shoulder. The boy had been sitting down on the living room with George and Ron, enjoying a bit of Wizard's chess.

"HEY!" Whines Cassius when he hears Adrian's tone. Ron and George chuckle, waiting for the hazel eyed boy to make his move.

"I just know what it's gonna be and I wanna open it now!" She pouts, holding the small rectangular box in her hand. Adrian shakes his head, but Carina ignores it. Fortunately for him, Harry walks up to the black haired girl, taking the box from her hands when she least expects it. "Harry!" The boy tosses it to Adrian, who thanks him with a small smirk, shoving it into his pocket instantly. "What the hell? You're supposed to be my friend first!" She pouts, crossing her arms across her chest. Harry shrugs nonchalantly, smiling up at her innocently. "Your silence is loud, Harold! Deafening!"

At that, Harry can't help but snort, rolling his eyes, "Jesus, you are definitely Sirius' daughter," he mutters under his breath. Carina gasps, her hand flying to her chest, feigning offence. "I'm stating a literal fact -"

"- Say that again," comes Sirius' voice from the kitchen, making them all turn around. Harry purses his lips as he contains his laughter. "Go on, Potter!" Carina grins when she sees Fred walk out from behind Sirius, a smile on his face at the playful atmosphere that they've created, because despite everything Harry's been through, Sirius would never let him forget.

He's just a boy.

Harry immediately takes off when he sees Sirius start to shake, signalling he's about to shift into his Animagus form. "No! No, Sirius!" Harry yells, running through the house. Because of how fast he walks upstairs, followed closely by the huge black dog, he causes the blanket that they'd placed over Walburga's portrait to fall.

"BLOOD TRAITORS! BLOOD TRAITORS THE LOT OF YOU!" The lady shouts with all her might, almost turning red in the face as she stares at everyone around her. It almost seems as though she's trying to come out of the painting. If she could, Carina's sure they'd all be strangled to death. "How can you sit around and disrespect the house of my father's!" Laughter booms through the walls as Harry runs with Padfoot hot in his tracks, followed by Remus, who screams after him.

Fred chuckles at the woman's hurtful words, draping an arm over his girlfriend, leaning down and kissing her temple. "Stain of dishonour, filthy half-breeds, blood traitors, children of filth!" Shouts Walburga just as Lee walks out of the room they'd provided for him.

"For Merlin's sake, shut up!" Yells back the younger boy. "Shut up!" He takes his wand out and throws the blanket over the painting, blinding the woman to stop her from speaking out. Carina follows suit by placing a Silencing Charm around the painting. It wouldn't work forever but it would be enough. Walburga wouldn't start yelling unless she saw something that angered her. "Morning," mumbles Lee, walking over to the group. "Look at what Adrian got me for Christmas," coos Lee, showing off his new necklace.