chapter 45

NARRATOR'S POV

"Did you do it?" Is the first thing that leaves Adrian's mouth when he spots Harry walking into the Gryffindor Common Room. The younger boy is flustered, red under everyone's gaze. Carina is leaning into Fred, resting her head on his shoulder as Harry nods sheepishly. Lee gasps loudly, having been part of the conversation between A and Harry a few hours ago. "Yes, mate!" Adrian cheers as Harry sits next to him, getting a pat in the back.

The rest of the group looks at Harry with expectancy, wanting the boy to let them in on the secret as well. "I kissed Cho," says Harry after a few seconds, his hands fidgety.

Carina can't help the wide grin that appears on her face as she watches the young boy. Despite everything he's been through, Harry's still a teenager who gets excited over the little things. He is still a human, with emotions and hopes for the future... He still wants to have fun wherever possible, that much is obvious. "How was it?" Asks Ron, his mouth full of chocolates. Hermione rolls his eyes at the question, looking away as Harry shrugs.

"Wet?" Replies the Chosen One, sounding slightly unsure. George snorts from his spot next to Cassius, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, she was sort of crying," he explains briefly. Carina ahh's in realisation, nodding her head understandingly.

Fred chuckles, "That doesn't sound very promising, mate," he says jokingly, earning a slap on the arm by his girlfriend, making him laugh quietly. "Ouch," he complains, dramatically rubbing at the spot.

And so, the night goes on, with the group all sitting comfortably by the fireplace, chatting about everything and nothing. Lee lays his head on Adrian's lap, playing with his fingers and laughing at the dumb jokes Cassius makes at Ron's expense, who tries his hardest not to join in the laughter. Carina ends up sitting on Fred's legs, her feet resting on George's knees as he talks about their holiday plans. Hermione and Ron move closer and closer as the night goes on, but they never touch.

"It's getting late," says George, glancing at the big clock that sits on the wall. It's almost midnight already. "Are you sleeping over?" He asks Carina, who takes one look at Fred. Her boyfriend nods with an endearing smile, making her chuckle. "I'm sleeping in your dorm then, Ronnikins!" Exclaims George, quickly rising from his seat, letting Carina's feet drop on the couch as he starts running upstairs.

"Oi!" Screams Ron, "No! George!" Shouts the youngest Weasley in the room, running after his brother.

Harry rolls his eyes at that, "We share that room with three other people, what's one more?" He asks with a shrug. "I don't understand what he's so mad about," mumbles the black haired boy under his breath, standing up too.

A smile grows on Adrian's face at Harry's sass, and he shakes his head. "Such a Slytherin," the long haired boy points out, making Harry's actions falter slightly, making him stumble. "You alright there?" Asks Adrian, tilting his head as Harry fixes his shirt, nodding. Carina's brows furrow at the change in Harry's demeanour. Could it be? Adrian opens his mouth to say something else but before he can, Harry speaks again.

"I'm heading to bed," he says, a tight smile on his lips. "Goodnight, everyone. See you tomorrow," adds Harry, going upstairs to his dorm. Hermione had already left about thirty minutes ago, the only ones left being Carina, Cassius, Adrian, Lee and Fred.

"I suppose we'll be heading out too," says Adrian after a few seconds of comfortable silence. Lee whines slightly, not wanting his boyfriend to leave, but knowing Adrian had to wake up early tomorrow to catch the train to France, where he would meet his parents. "I guess I could stay a little longer," murmurs the brown eyed boy, gazing at his boyfriend, who's face breaks into one of pure bliss.