chapter 11

NARRATOR'S POV

It's been a week since the supposed break-in of Sirius Black into Hogwarts, and the only things that were missing were Ron Weasley's rat and Hermione Granger's cat. Or so George told Carina the following night at the Astronomy Tower. Other than that, there seems to be no danger, but the Dementors are still on high alert.

Later that day, Lucius sent word to Draco that he'd have Hagrid sacked. He also mentioned that he'd contacted the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures and had set a hearing for April twentieth. "Shit," Carina curses audibly, setting the letter down. Draco bites his lip nervously, taking a seat next to his sister.

"It's bad, isn't it?" Murmurs the young boy, looking up at Carina. His grey eyes are sad and hopeless, it breaks her heart in two.

"It is," she says back to him, a sigh escaping her lips. "Buckbeak won't make it... I don't think," there's no point in sugarcoating the obvious. Draco exhales, holding his head between his hands. Lucius has some influence in the Ministry, of course the CDDC would listen to him instead of a half giant. "We'll think of something... We'll try and come up with a solution - maybe there's a way in which we could -"

"Thank you, Nina," Draco cuts her off, putting his hand on her knee, trying to be reassuring. "I'll write to dad... see if I can get him to back down," he says softly. For a thirteen year old, he's pretty mature.

"Okay," she replies, even though she knows it won't work. Lucius' heart is cold towards his enemies. Somebody put his boy in danger, and that somebody would pay the consequences of their actions. It's ironic how much Carina knows Lucius would be capable of hurting Draco just to get at her. The amount of hate he holds for her is much greater than his love for Draco will ever be, and that's what makes him a bad father. I guess that's just the way his priorities work. "Go to bed, you've got Quidditch tomorrow."

The weather is horrible next morning. The Quidditch match is supposed to be happening, no matter the rain, the thunder or the fog: nothing can cancel Quidditch, "What's wrong?" Asks Carina as she joins Adrian, Cassius, Miles, Draco and the rest of the team in the Common Room. Ever since her encounter with Miles, he'd been friendlier, to say the least. Draco points at the window, and her eyes grow as she takes it in. Then, since he's about her height now, he hands her an extra raincoat, which she takes graciously before putting it on.

"We're not playing today... Flint's using my arm as an excuse," mumbles Draco, only for Carina to hear. Part of her is glad that Draco won't have to play in these conditions, she wouldn't want him to get hurt. "Gryffindor's playing Hufflepuff instead," he tells her making her heart sink.

George is still playing. He could get seriously hurt. What about Fred? "At least's not us," Montague mutters, shrugging it off quickly. "Let's go, I'm dying to see Diggory beat the Gryffindors," he chuckles humourlessly as Miles tags along. "What do you think Wood's gonna do this time? Crack his broom in half again?" Miles lets out a sharp laugh as they exit the Common Room. Not before sparing a glance in Carina's direction and sending her a wink.

"Cheeky," Adrian whispers in Carina's ear while they all leave the Common Room to go enjoy the match.

"Very cheeky," Cassius agrees in the same hushed tone, smirking when Carina pushes them both away from her, roughly. "That's no way to treat your boys!" He exclaims, before he realises what he's done.

Draco watches with amusement as Carina's face breaks into a look of pure bliss. They've finally said it! "HA!" The green eyed girl cheers, turning to them with a huge smile on her lips. "You admitted it! You're my boys! And it only took five years!" Cassius turns dark red as Adrian smacks his head with a playful scowl on display.