Chapter 33: Thinking Of You

Ever since that particular day, the Duke became bold with his intentions.

While looking over Little George far away as he practices his horse riding skills, Luke would stand next to Dalena and whisper nonsense that would make Dalena red-faced instantly.

"Don't you really miss me at all? I'm thinking of you all the time and I just go crazy because I really want to see you and hold you." Luke whispered to Dalena brazenly.

"Can you not say those words? How can you be so blunt about it?" Dalena replied in a shy tone, her whole face already flushed.

Right now, she was trying hard to not make her expression crumble. If she does not try, she was sure that she would melt right now.

She was trying to keep her face straight, even though her lips kept on twitching and her ears already as red as her face.

Luke let out a low chuckle, amused at Dalena's reaction. How can he not love teasing her when she reacts like that? He found it endearing as Dalena's efforts to not get affected were futile.

"What do you mean? What I said was the truth. It is really what I feel." Luke retorted in a husky tone.

He even licked his lips and raised his brow at Dalena, as if he was really determined to prove his point and at the same time, actively seducing her in daylight.

For Luke, it was all fun.

However, what he is not aware of is the more he does that, the more Dalena does fall but at the same time, she also thinks that he's a big playboy for knowing how to string her poor heart.

She reckons that he's playing a game with her and she can't afford to lose to him. And so, she won't give in.

As Dalena mused about it, she suddenly felt something on her pocket. One of her hands was already there and in an instant, Luke also put one of his hands over hers, making her feel the warmth of his hands.

Quickly, Dalena tried to move her hand away from his hold but Luke's strength was just too strong.

"Your hands are so soft. I'm a bit cold today so thank you for keeping me warm." Luke murmured in a teasing tone.

Could Dalena get even redder?

Aside from having a flushed face, Dalena was glaring at Luke now.

He only chuckled once more and held her hand tighter.

However, the next moment, Dalena felt a bit of panic as she saw Max and Little George coming back to where she and Luke were.

If they see them this close and doing this kind of hanky-panky, she would be embarrassed to death.

It would also prove the unfair rumours that she's seducing the Duke. It is not her, okay? It's the other way around! It's the Duke who is seducing her!

Luke only kept his amused face as he saw Dalena's change of expressions when Max and his little son were coming closer.

Thankfully, he knew when to stop his teasings so Luke reluctantly let go of his hold on Dalena's hand. He also moved a step away just so his lady would stop being anxious.

On the other hand, even though Luke already moved away, Dalena still felt something in her pocket that was touching her hand. She frowned as she looked down a little, discovering that Luke was sneaky enough to leave a flower and a small note.

With that, Dalena bit her lips as she found it intriguing how Luke kept doing this kind of gesture.

Some time ago, Luke started to put flowers secretly on her pockets. Then, they would always have notes accompanying them which contains the name of the flower and its meaning.