Chapter 49: Former Butler

T. Coleman

The moment Luke saw those initials, he immediately recognised who it was.

Thomas Coleman was the butler to the former Duke Grosvenor, his late father. Luke was very familiar with him as he has been there even before he was even born.

However, right after the former duke passed away, Coleman also disappeared out of the sudden. Back then, Luke had too many things going on for him so he did not think much of it. He only assumed that Thomas only had loyalty for his late father and not him.

Besides, it still worked out without him, did it not? Hamish was appointed to be his butler and he became someone that Luke could depend on.

Luke did not waste anytime and went to the address that Coleman sent him.

He drove by himself, which he rarely does, as he really wanted to keep the visit a secret. He did not bring anyone with him, not even Hamish.

Luke knew he should've brought a bodyguard or two but he wanted to trust his intuitions and hope that it was really Coleman who contacted him. Just with the mention of a familiar name, Luke knew that the letter was legitimate anyway.

As he drove, the address led Luke on the outskirts of London. It looked quite rural as there was only a small, shabby house in the middle of the fields.

When Luke got out of his car, he took a deep breath before walking slowly to the front door.

Carefully, he knocked the door lightly.

"Coleman?" Luke politely called out.

However, after waiting for a few seconds, there was still no answer on the door.

Luke was about to knock again when he was taken aback by the sudden opening of the door and the appearance of the familiar figure.

Although it has only been a few years, the man in front of Luke seemed like he has aged rapidly.

Compared to before, Coleman's hair was now all white and he also had even more wrinkles on his face.

However, despite ageing effect on his appearance, what did not change was Coleman's grinning expression.

Unlike the stiff and straight-faced Hamish, T. Coleman always had a sarcastic expression on his face. He was always smirking and had a unique sense of humour.

Perhaps, he has gotten this due to his old age and experience.

"I've been looking forward for you, Your Grace."

The statement came so naturally from Coleman. The young lord he once knew from before grew up into an outstanding man, carrying his family's business and title all on his own.

"It has been a while, Coleman..."

"Indeed. Do you want to come in for some tea?"

Luke only nodded a little and looked at Coleman with slightly suspicious eyes. He followed Coleman's gestures and entered the small house.

Once inside, Luke looked around and saw pictures of Coleman and his wife all over the area.

If he remembers right, he had learned before that Coleman's wife was from the Philippines. They married but never had any children. She also died before Coleman decided to work for the former duke.

Speaking of which, Coleman's wife had the same background with a certain someone he knew, didn't she? Dalena was also from that country.

But at that thought, Luke frowned a little.