Chapter 39: Fianćee

With two tall women dressed up in latest fashion by high-end brands, it seems like there was a fashion show happening instead.

"Nori, I'm so glad you're back at London! Ahh! I missed you so much. Why did you take so long, huh?" Chantelle nudged the other figure beside her.

While walking with Chantelle, Eleanor kept a calm expression and only let out a small smile.

Today, she had her long blonde hair in a bun, making her look more elegant than she already is.

"Well, it takes that long to get over your brother." Eleanor murmured.

Chantelle rolled her eyes, groaning at the woman's answer.

"Ugh! Stupid brother, really! I understand why you turned him down though. He deserves it for being an imbecile, for keeping that feral!"

"I guess I did turn him down..." Eleanor replied in a rather suggestive tone.

"You go, Nori! My brother should make it up to you but I don't know where the heck he is and why he hasn't been in the estate for days now. Some boring business trip or somet-"

Chantelle was about to finish her sentence but she was interrupted by a rather loud voice from a young boy.

"Mama! You can't keep up with me! Haha!" Little George screamed out.

Currently, he was running and Dalena seemed to be chasing after him.

They have been in the gardens for some time now while Chantelle and Eleanor have been walking around the estate. Since there was many paths towards the gardens, perhaps it was only inevitable for their paths to cross.

Little George was quite perceptive and as soon as she saw Eleanor and Chantelle's figures, he purposely called Dalena 'Mama' in a very loud voice.

'So that's Papa's real girlfriend? How can he lie so much to Dalena? Does he think I will help him? No way. I better protect Dalena, though. People like her are probably like Auntie Chantelle. Mean.' the little boy thought.

Meanwhile, Eleanor and Chantelle have stopped in their tracks while observing Little George and Dalena still playing tag.

"He grew up a lot, didn't he? He looks more like Luke now. It's really undeniable that he is his son, except for the hair colour." Eleanor said calmly.

"Yeah, I guess he looks like my brother now. Both ugly." Chantelle quickly replied.

"By the way, who's that woman with him? His nanny? To call his nanny as 'Mama', the boy is quite affectionate."

"Affectionate? Don't be so nice, Nori. That's just uncivil. But what else can you expect from a bastard?"

Eleanor laughed at Chantelle's musings, finding it entertaining.

"You don't have to be so blunt, Chan. By the way, don't you think the woman looks a little familiar? I feel like I've seen her somewhere before but I don't know where." Eleanor murmured.

Chantelle blinked for a while before answering Eleanor.

"Huh? Where could you have seen her? Probably because all foreigners look the same?" Chantelle said in a relaxed tone.

"No, that's not it. The woman really looks familiar." Eleanor replied, her eyes still focusing on Dalena's running figure.

As Eleanor mused, Chantelle didn't speak as well.

In her heart, she was actually quite nervous and curious at the same time.

'Could Nori know about the woman in the past? But as far as I know, it's only us in the family who know. In fact, I only saw it before in pictures when mother showed me 'cause she was so frustrated at brother.' Chantelle thought.

For Chantelle, it wouldn't be good if Eleanor knew about the woman as it might only crack her's and Luke's relationship more. She wanted Eleanor as her sister-in-law, so she wanted to help her stupid brother out even though he's rude to her.

At the same time, her mother, the Dowager Duchess, also forbid her about speaking about that woman. Her mother said that it was to help Luke forget about it. Chantelle thought it makes sense because before, Luke would scream like a crazy man just upon seeing a picture of that woman.

But now, why the heck did her brother find a woman who looks exactly like that woman? Is he nuts?

After thinking more for a while, Chantelle decided to make her move.

"Nori, I don't feel like walking anymore. Do you want to have afternoon tea now?" Chantelle asked.

Eleanor was still staring seriously at the little boy and Dalena so she had a complicated expression when she faced Chantelle.

"Sure, Chan. Let's go."

***

Later on, after putting Little George into bed, Dalena didn't expect that she would encounter a figure she has been wanting to avoid.

Even though she has seen her around the estate for a while now, she was thankful that she didn't have any opportunities to encounter her closely.

She felt like if she did, the more she would remember Luke and how he played her.

"Hi! You're George's nanny, right?" Eleanor exclaimed in a bright tone.

Now, even though it was evening, Eleanor was still looking like a high-end model. She wore a classy and conservative nightgown with exquisite materials, which is a far contrast from Dalena's nanny uniform.

Eleanor was also quite tall, making Dalena inferior at her small petite height.

Thinking about it, the estate had countless rooms. But Eleanor was a guest who probably stayed in rooms in the same floor as Luke, or perhaps, even staying at Luke's room since she was his fiancée, after all.

At that thought, Dalena could only smile bitterly.

"Yes, Lady Eleanor." Dalena replied calmly.

Hearing Dalena's answer, Eleanor raised her eyebrows a little and smiled at Dalena even more.

"Oh wow, even your voice is so pretty. You are so gorgeous." Eleanor murmured.

Dalena, not knowing how to feel at the sudden 'compliment' from the lady, could only smile awkwardly.

"That is too much, Lady Eleanor. You are the one who is beautiful." Dalena said formally.

"Hmm. I do wish I was beautiful enough so that Lukey would come home and not attend those business trips. I miss him terribly!" Eleanor said.

Upon hearing Luke's name and how closely Eleanor addresses him, Dalena felt like there was a thorn in her heart again. Why is it like that?

"I'm sure that His Grace misses you too, Lady Eleanor." Dalena tried to say that in a formal tone but she didn't know why she sounded quite awkward instead.

Still looking closely at Dalena's face, as if examining her, Eleanor nodded.

"True. After all, who wouldn't miss their fiancée, right?" Eleanor murmured meaningfully.