Chapter 43: Don't Misunderstand

Reading the situation, Hamish hastily left Luke and Dalena alone.

With him not in the picture, Dalena felt even more embarrassed towards the man in front of her.

She was looking down on her feet, not daring to even glance at him.

Along with biting her lips, her whole face was still flushed up to her ears.

There was a moment of silence but after a while, the unpredictable Luke roared a soft chuckle.

"Do you feel guilty for being mean to me? Even swearing at me, hmm? You were so scary, I didn't know what to do... So this is also why you always call me a playboy." Luke murmured softly.

Dalena still wouldn't face him so with his smirk still plastered on his face, he put his hand over Dalena's chin and forced her to look at him.

"But you know, I am pretty easy to placate." Luke declared.

Not having any choice but to look straight at Luke's eyes, Dalena shivered. If there was a way, she'd rather be buried underground than face him now.

Luke moved closer to her and whispered near her ears.

"You know, a kiss or two from you then I'll forgive you instantly..." he whispered in a husky tone.

After saying that, he moved back to look at Dalena closely again. If she was already flushed before, she was as red as a tomato now.

"That's a fair deal, isn't? Come on..." Luke teased.

As if she was hypnotised by Luke, Dalena gulped down a little before moving closer to him so she can grab his collar. She tiptoed a bit, putting a soft peck on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry for misunderstanding you..." she whispered, almost sounding like a mumble.

Why was this girl so adorable? Even at her state right now, Luke found her so endearing. He wanted to see more sides of her.

"You know I'm not satisfied with that. I want a proper one..." Luke said in a sulky tone.

Dalena pouted a bit, glaring at Luke's playful expression.

However, she did gradually approach his face again, putting a quick peck on his lips.

Because she had done it to hastily, Luke had an expression that screamed 'That's it?'.

Dalena laughed at his stupefied face, much to his annoyance.

Realising that Dalena has been playing with him, Luke stared at her with a deep gaze. Then, the next moment, he grabbed her chin and forced her to open her lips so his tongue could enter her mouth.

And so, Luke's tongue moved around her mouth restlessly.

When he moved away after a while, Dalena felt that her lips were swollen and red. Her breathings were also laboured as she also felt Luke's hot breaths against hers.

"I'm sorry too, for letting you misunderstand... If I only knew that letting you know about the Andrea McLaren matter would make you have an idea of what was happening... If only I had read over that contract properly..."

"It's alright." Dalena replied shyly, turning away from Luke.

Just from the kiss they shared, Dalena still felt high. Even though she was less embarrassed now, she still didn't have the enough courage to face the man in front of her straight-up.

"But..." Dalena started to say, but didn't continue.

"Hmm? What is it, tell me."

Dalena stared back at Luke this time, who was eagerly waiting for what she was about to say. Before she spoke up, she swallowed her saliva first.

'I guess it's better to just be honest with him and ask. It's too embarrassing if I misunderstand again...' Dalena thought.

"But... I saw the articles say that Lady Eleanor was the one who rejected you in your engagement. She's so beautiful, just like a supermodel and she has the same status as you so why don't you like her instead?"

Luke didn't hide the amusement on his face as he heard Dalena say her worries. He smiled gently at her and took her hand as he explained.

"I don't have anything to do with those articles. I actually despise them because they were passive-aggressively insulting Little George and I. But I couldn't do anything out of respect of Eleanor and her family. With broken engagements, even though it was only arranged, it would not be appropriate to disclose that publicly and it is always the lady's reputation that gets damaged the most. And so, I let them do whatever they want."

Dalena nodded a little, acknowledging Luke.

"Okay. But your explanation's too long." she cheekily said.

Luke let out a small chuckle.

"It's because I don't want you misunderstanding me ever again..."

"Hmm..."

"And you know, you can't just tell me to like someone else. Just because she has those qualities that you've said, doesn't mean that I like her. Besides, I like women with curves on right places. Her chest is too flat for me."

As Luke said that, he wasn't even abashed as he stared down to admire Dalena's figure.

Dalena's face instantly reddened again as Luke was staring at her with unmasked desire in his eyes. She felt embarrassed and irritated at the same time.

"You pervert!"

And so, Luke stopped scanning Dalena's body and let out a loud chuckle once again. Was it so wrong to admire her beautiful body?

Then, he stared at her and found her expression quite amusing. Her cheeks were red and her lips were in a grim line, clearly trying not to crumble in front of him.

Luke, who was still holding her hand, put it closely against his lips. Dalena shivered at the touch of his lips on her hand.

He then pulled it back, but still held it tightly.

"It's so good we had a talk like this. At least now, you won't be able to avoid my attacks anymore."

Dalena didn't answer him, as she was trying not to melt under his gaze.

"Also, you mentioned the contract out of the sudden, huh... Must be because you were so close on breaking the rules? Did you develop 'atrocious feelings' for me?" Luke continued, teasing Dalena even further.

Dalena bit her lips, her heart beating wildly from Luke's endless taunts.

"Well, who wouldn't fall if it's His Grace who's seducing me so persistently?"

Using his other hand, Luke cupped Dalena's cheeks and pinched it slightly.

It hurt a little, so Dalena frowned her eyebrows and thew a sharp glare at him.

"I wasn't seducing you. It was me pursuing you because I like you, alright?"

"How is that not the sam-"

Dalena didn't even finish what she was saying because suddenly, Luke plunged in between her lips and began to suck. Their tongues tangled, their breaths mingled.

Luke liked the feeling of Dalena being more open to him, so he was eager to taste more of her.

Much to his delight, Dalena let go of his hand's hold on her so she can wrap her arms around his neck and pull him closer.

Why does her scent so lovely? Her lips just felt so good. Her touch felt so heavenly.

"Ah..." she let out unconsciously.

After hearing her little moan, a groan ripped out of Luke's throat before wrapping more of his tongue around hers.

As for Dalena, she was just lost in the sensation she was feeling. There was uneasiness and doubts in her heart but somehow, she felt like going with the flow.

Was it too much to risk if she blindly trusts the man in front of her?