Chapter 45: Prideful Woman

The moment Eleanor saw Dalena, her curiosity just would not stop.

'Where have I seen her?'

Eleanor thought that again and again while observing Dalena from afar. She did that much effort because once she was curious, she wouldn't stop until she gets her answer.

It was probably heaven's will because one day, she got a call from her family's estate.

"Nori, we are going to renovate the attic. We are planning to throw everything there. Did you have any stuff you wanted to keep from there?" Eleanor's mother asked.

"It's fine, Mu-"

Eleanor was about to quickly answer her mother but she widened her eyes upon finally remembering something.

In fact, she did have a very important document hidden in that attic.

"Sorry, Mum. I do have something I want to keep there. Don't worry, I'll come there and personally pick it up."

"Alright, Nori. It's good you finally decide to come home. Don't you get bored there at the Grosvenor's estate?"

"I'm okay. Thank you, Mum."

After that phone call, Eleanor made arrangements to immediately head to their estate. The earlier she gets that document, the earlier she can accomplish things.

Hidden in a rusty treasure box chest was the documents that Eleanor had requested from a top-tier investigator years ago. It did not only include reports, but also photos of a certain duke with a particular woman.

For Eleanor, it's the photos that she was looking forward to seeing.

She picked up one of them and it showed Luke hovering his arms around a woman's waist at a beach. Another picture showed Luke and that woman sharing a kiss in a university campus.

No matter who looks at it, the relationship between Luke and that woman was quite clear.

Eleanor don't get astonished easily due to the luxury life she has lived, but she had to admit that what she found was too intriguing.

'I forgot this girl's face because it was simply too plain... But upon recalling that nanny's face, it's really the same. If someone were to tell me they were the same person, I would believe them. No wonder I found it strange how Luke would take a fancy on a low woman like that... it's because that woman resembles his first love.'

Eleanor lazily shifted through more photos, musing about the revelation she just discovered.

As Eleanor recalled, during one time when she visited Luke while he was doing his masteral degree in Australia, she noticed that the girl's photo was on his wallet as well.

Perhaps, it was during that point, that she started to harbour despise for Luke.

'I have liked Luke since I was young. Everyone knew that we were a perfect match for each other so I had always expected we'd end up together. No one else could match me too, except for him. If only...'

But even though Eleanor had a secret crush on Luke, she would always keep her boundaries since she knew Luke didn't feel the same way.

Luke would always treat her like a friend, like a little sister even.

Even so, Eleanor was still confident Luke would end up being hers because their families would get them engaged sooner or later, right?

Even in an arranged marriage, Eleanor believed that feelings can cultivate. After all, just look at the previous noble families before them.